Chapter 5

Nakaria p.o.v.

I wanted to gasp, but then I steadied myself. My heart did a backflip. And it's not the kind of thing you feel when you see a cute boy. It's when you know your horrifying dad is here.

Ugh.

A chilling wind even more colder than the Arctic swept through the room, which was basically impossible. I felt goosebumps on my arm. A wave of fear washed over me, paralyzing me. Well, not entirely. It only allowed me to do one thing: Kneel.

I turned around, facing the figure. I fell to one knee, staring at the floor. I couldn't see the person, but I already knew who it was. There was only one person in the world that could do all those things. "Novisor." I muttered, "Dad."

*********************************************************************

You know, the kneeling thing was totally NOT my idea. It was Father's. That was the one and only rule he gave to me: I had to kneel whenever he appeared. (Not like I had a choice, with the magic and all that...)

You might think that's easy. Seems way better than your video game rules or something like that, right? Well, nooo. Imagine if you're watching television, and then your dad comes into the living room, and then you have to kneel and miss your favourite show.

Or maybe it's Parent's Day. Or whatever your school calls it. Your dad comes into the classroom. You have to kneel in front of the WHOLE SCHOOL. And become the laughing stock of your class. Great. That's when you really start to hate your dad's rules. You complain to him? Your dad's like," Hey, at least I didn't give you a curfew or something."

Then you really wish you had normal parents.

See?

"Oh, stand up." My dad suddenly said, interrupting my thoughts. He had... a kind of pleased tone. Is he in a good mood? I slowly stood up, meeting his 'gaze' . "Hi, Dad." I said, trying to hide the un-enthusiasm.

He looked the same as before. He had the same black ghostly body, which flickered between human and ghost. The human form was a dark haired man, with pale skin. He looked like me in his human form, and he also had been described as a vampire. The common thing these two forms shared was that they both had no eyes/visor, and a bloody grin. Those two things about my dad were the worst. They gave anyone that saw them nightmares. I myself had too, once.

However, he seemed a bit tired. His ghost looked more transparent, and he didn't look as menacing as before. For once, I was able to look at him without flinching. He seemed happy though, his grin wider and bloodier than ever. I could see his white, sharp teeth. Had he just massacred a spaceship or something?

"Why are you down here, Nakaria? I thought I made myself clear: This is out of bounds." Novisor said coldly. I sucked in a breath, and immediately regretted it. The air here was really cold.

I had totally forgotten the other rule: No going down to the dungeon, and definitely no messing around with Novisor's 'specimens'.

"I'm sorry, alright? I just wanted to explore." I told him about the gust of wind and the door opening. "Ah, yes. That was me."

Novisor said, "I guess I can't blame you for curiosity." He then scowled a little,"Still, you're lucky I'm in a good mood today."

"Why?" I blurted out. "Why are you in a good mood?" "Ah, you see, Nakaria..." my father replied, " It all has to do with this boy here." "Who? Why?" I asked, curious.

"Oh, he's the chosen one to defeat me. Or maybe the next Novisor. But I've got him handled." My dad replied smoothly.

"WHAT?!" My jaw dropped open. What on earth? "I thought I was the heir!" I subconsciously yelled, totally ignoring the 'chosen one to defeat me' part. "Nakaria, don't shout!" My dad scolded, sending off another cold draft of wind. "Yes, but apparently..." He glanced at the crewmate once more.