Chapter 3

Nakaria p.o.v.

I was just watching TV. What? Just because I'm the daughter of a faceless ghost does NOT mean I don't do normal stuff.

But I mean, seriously, these movies are boring. The hero always ends up kicking the bad guy's butt while the antagonist just sits there and waits to be bullied. That's not fair for the bad guy, but he literally didn't do anything to stop it, so they're BOTH dumb. At least they get nice uniforms.

I yawned and looked at the clock at my bedside table. It said 1:00 am. Wow. I didn't even notice I had been watching television for so long. See, this is the advantage of being Novisor's daughter. You can watch TV for NINE HOURS straight cause all your dad does is go turn people into Novisors.

What? Don't look at me like that, I am Novisor's daughter. Now, I know some of you(Correction: ALL OF YOU) might be asking who married Novisor( WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING?!), but nope. I was born, or made out of dark energy.

Back to the story. The movie had ended, and I stretched. *Rumble*

Woah, what was that? Duncan's driving his new truck?

Ok, it was me. My stomach's growling. Guess I'm gonna go eat.

I stepped out of my room and closed the door. Cold wind met me, and I cringed. No matter who my dad was, the hallways still scared me to death. You would understand if you were there. First thing, I lived in a creepy mansion. Second, there are always, like literally ALWAYS, like 24/7, there are ALWAYS ghosts floating around here. Though you can't see them, they give off tingling feelings, like that old saying about someone walking on your grave, you know, it just makes you feel haunted and scared...

You get the idea.

And the floor. I... I don't know how to describe it. It's... kinda non-existent. There might be some invisible floor, but if you just look down, you'll see anything but a floor. I'm kidding. You won't see a unicorn. Or Harry Potter. Or Iron Man. You'll just be looking down at darkness, which REALLY creeps the HECK outta me. It's just weird to walk on nothing yet walking on something at the same time. I'll just think," Oh my gosh Imma fall anytime-" Furthermore, we have old-fashioned candles as light sources, magically floating on the ceiling( don't ask me how), so once the flames on the candles are diminished, the whole hallway will plunge into darkness. Could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Why am I telling you this?

I reached the living room and crossed the hall to the massive kitchen. I searched the cabinets and cupboards for any other food EXCEPT frozen TV dinners, but there was nothing but cobwebs and spiders. Sigh... I turned to the refrigerator. There are just SO many times you can eat frozen pizza for dinner.

I took the frozen pizza out of the fridge and put it in the microwave. As I was just about to press the start button, I heard a whooshing sound right outside the kitchen. Bam! A loud noise startled me, causing me to jump. Did I mention I HATE jumpscares? Warm air entered the kitchen for one second, then cold wind took over again quickly.

What was that?

Creepy. But I'm Novisor's daughter, so there's nothing I can't handle. Whoever was messing with the doors, he/she is probably still here. 

I left the kitchen and walked over to the doors. I pushed open them and peeked outside. Just as I thought! No one out there. I slightly pulled the doors back, and they closed with a SLAM.

I went back into the house. I yelled," Hey!" I waited for a response, or even a slight bit of sound, but the only thing that I heard was the echo of my yell. I tried again. "Is there someone there? Show yourself!" Nope. Total silence. Last try. Third time's the charm, right? "This is private property! I warn you, you better get out of here!"

...

No response! Okay, fine, be like that!

Maybe I'm just hearing things. Maybe it was the wind that pushed open the doors. I was just about to leave the hall, when I noticed the cold drafts were coming from the door that led to the dungeon. The door's kinda under the stairs, if you're curious. I cautiously approached the metal door. It was already ajar when I reached it. I peered down the dark stairway.

Who, or what, is down there?

(Creepy things are happening... but as she said, there's nothing she can't handle. Personally one of my favourite chapters. I love writing things like these. :D)