Chapter 14 ~ And It's All Your Fault

Start from the beginning

Inaya met her steady gaze with her own, "Why would I ever tell you that."

Lila watched all of this, silently trying to process the new information. It could be true... but was it really? Auntie Lena said that she freed all of the other Black Widows, unless she lied... did she lie?

A large crash sounded from above them, making Inaya whirl around and narrow her eyes.

"Stay here," she practically growled, before running off.

Lila turned to Wanda, who was watching her leave, "Wanda? What do we do now?"

Wanda made her way to the bars and carefully tapped them a few times. "Not electrocuted then." She pulled on a few of them, before finding one that was a little loose.

Lila and Nathanial watched in intrigued silence as Wanda pulled something out of her pockets. She used it to cut into the bottom of the bar just enough to be able to push it outwards.

Using her good arm, she reached through the gap she had made, and using the thing again, picked the lock, before swinging the door open.

"Woah!" Nathanial exclaimed.

"Where did you learn to do that?!" Lila asked.

Humor lit up Wanda's eyes, "I didn't always have powers, you know. Now come on, let's go help our friends."

Nathanial grinned, "Okay!"

Yelena sat up in the darkness of shadows, watching as Captain America and Bucky fought with the attacker.

They had finally tracked down Wanda, and had found the two Quinjets abandoned. They then found the entrance to what they thought was the base, and their thoughts solidified the moment they stepped foot into the cave and triggered a trap.

After all, who trapped nothing?

Captain America ended up being thrown across the room and crashing into something. If the situation wasn't so bad, Yelena would have laughed at him.

After they got Captain America back onto his feet, the Attacker made her way out of the shadows, shooting at them. In the dark, confined space, Yelena and the others were losing pretty badly, that's when Natasha had the idea to move outside.

And that's where they were now, Yelena and Natasha in a tree with Clint, who was shooting arrows at the Attacker with aim so good it was actually scary, Captain America and Bucky in close combat.

"I want to help," Yelena growled.

"And you can by staying put," Clint replied.

"I agree with Clint on this one, you're still injured." Natasha said.

"So? You're a ghost. I doubt you can help anymore then I could."

They were interrupted by Captain America's shield flying at them and embedding itself in the trunk tree above their heads. Yelena's attention shot back to the battle, which Captain America and Bucky seemed to now be losing. She watched as Inaya threw Bucky over her shoulder and into Captain America, throwing them both to the ground.

"I can help!" Yelena exclaimed.

"No you can't," Natasha replied.

"I'm a Black Widow! I can fight!"

Clint shot another arrow at her, giving Captain America and Bucky time to recover, "She does have a point there, Nat."

Natasha let out a low growl, "Stay put." she repeated, then wrenched Captain America's shield free and jumped out of the tree.