Chapter 46 MAE DAY

Start from the beginning

"She is so bad tempered," I said to Bay as he gave me the sad face. I ignored her and gave Bay some more kisses. He was tired but hungry. I reached for his bowl of cooled soup and started to spoon feed him, he loved it. I giggled at the way he chewed on things and spat out the bits he didn't like. Willow continued to have a tantrum but I stroked her hair every now and then to remind her I was here and hoped to calm her down. "Good boy," I said to Bay as he finished his bowl. "Here you go look at these yummy treats." I gave him nibbles of grapes and apple.

"Willow do you want your soup?" I asked, turning her chair back around. She rubbed snot across her face and into her own eye. She was over tired and stubborn. I wiped her face with a wet wipe and was rewarded with coughs, screams and a load more snot. She wasn't well poor thing. The runs, sick, snot, coughing and bad tempered.

"Does Willow want some Din Din's," I sang to her. She rubbed her eyes again and yawned. "Mmm, have some soup and we will have a cuddle," I said trying her with a spoonful. At first she shoved it away but I held her hands down and made her try some. She stopped fighting and gave in, she loved being fed too.

When that was done I lifted them out and cleaned them up. Blimey they were heavier and longer than last time I done this. Still not as chubby as Bowdie's baby but much bigger than when I last saw them. Conrad had dashed off moaning about nappy duty and promised to be back in a minute.

"Ok lie down," I said to the twins putting a cushion on my lap as I sat on the sofa. They both climbed up and lay their heads on it either side. I tucked them in a blanket each and thanked Ikea for £3 deals on them to brighten my flat. Bay was nearly asleep the instant I passed him his bottle. Willow was snuffling.

I opened the book and began to read. They listened as I made my voice get quieter and quieter till they were both asleep.

"She has the magic touch," Conrad said behind me.

"She is their mother," Lee replied. I looked up and smiled proudly whilst noting a wet haired, freshly showered Lee was to die for! God I hate Conrad! That cockblocker was going to pay!

"Why have you brought the baby?" Lee said making me attempt to look behind at Conrad.

"He cried and wanted to come with me," Conrad replied.

"You liar, you don't want to change his nappy and was hoping Mae and her magic touch would," Lee said smirking.

"Mae would love to change him, wouldn't you Mae?" he said appearing in front of me with a new born. "Look how cute he is and his bum is tiny!"

"Oh my god, is that your baby," I asked in a 'girl meets new baby' voice.

"Yep, this one is 2 months old in your time, and about 2 weeks in mine," he said. "My wife needs to sleep and he is awake, I've got to change him and give him this," he said rolling his eyes and holding up a bottle of milk. "Yes I know he looks human and he's not drinking blood, shocking huh!" he said sarcastically.

"No, I was just thinking he is super cute and I can smell his nappy from here," I replied.

Conrad dangled the baby at me like I had won a prize at the fair.

"Give him here," Lee said putting his hands out. Conrad nearly threw the baby at him in relief.

He walked off with him to the bathroom, and a minute later I heard 'good god what are you feeding this kid'. Conrad smiled and wiggled his eyebrows.

Crying filled the air and was very high pitched, followed by Lee making 'sshhh' noises.

"You might want to warm that bottle," I said to Conrad.