ⁿᵒᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳᵒᵇˡᵉᵐ ⁻ ᵐ.ᶠ

Beginne am Anfang

"Do you know how long it's been—" Kate joyfully questions as she turns around to face me, her features becoming petrified.

I tightly grip the ax, hoisting it above my head as I stalk closer to her.

"Y/n—"

The last thing I heard from Kate Mandell was a horrified shrill before I plunged the sharp blade into her chest.

Later on, I managed to sneak Miles away from our little game of hide and seek with Flora. I urgently explained to him that something was wrong and led him over to the fireplace room.

"Darling, you're scaring me. What's wrong?" He soothingly spoke, clasping his hand within my own.

I stayed silent, tears pooling in my eyes as I motioned for him to walk in the room.

He hesitantly stepped in, instantly being met with the pool of blood surrounding Kate's body.

"Holy... Shit." He gasped, turning over to me with anger, "What the fuck did you do!?"

My brows raised with surprise. I didn't expect him to lash out on me of all people. Especially for something that under all the ragged layers, deep down, was really his fault.

I get defensive, "What did I do? How about what did you do?" I point at Kate's dead body and spit, "With her."

The older teenager's mouth fell agape as he realized I knew what he had done.

"Okay first of all," He started with a forceful tone, "There was nothing between her and I. Second of all, even if there was, how the fuck does killing her solve anything!?"

Guilt starts to flow through me, I still felt uneasy about him. I think he's lying about the nothing between the two.

I was speechless as Miles crouched down to inspect her body and started cursing.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." He stood up and whipped his head towards me, "What the hell were you thinking?"

"I- I wasn't... And, I thought she was trying to come between us—"

"What if Flora walked in here and had to see her nanny's dead body on the floor?"

My heart shatters as I think about Flora... I suppose I should've been more cautious. The young girl had already seen her parents die, I could've at least had the courtesy to hide Kate's body so the same wouldn't happen.

"I—"

"What if Mrs. Grose walked in and saw her?"

"Miles,"

"No! What if her roommate back home realizes she isn't answering her late night phone calls anymore? What if her deranged mother learns that her daughter has suddenly died? You need to think about these things before you fucking kill someone!"

I faltered, "Okay, well I don't do this for a living! I'm not like you, I'm not some psycho! I don't know how to deal with killing someone! And also— How the hell do you know so much about her?"

He's really not helping with the fact that he supposedly isn't in to her.

"That's not the point! See! This is why you don't act off of impulse!" Miles complains, throwing his hands in the air as he thinks of a plan.

I feel my heart pounding in my chest, my mouth going dry as I panicked.

"T-This isn't m-me... I don't- I don't do this shit! I had to protect you and our relationship—"

"LET me FOCUS!" Miles harshly snapped.

I sighed, shaking my head as I wiped my anxious tears, "What the hell do we do now?"

Miles licked his lip, his eyes fixated on Kate's body as he focused on some type of idea in his mind.

It's been a week since I brutally murdered my boyfriend's nanny with an ax.

Miles buried her out in the maze and wrote a letter in Kate's handwriting to Mrs. Grose. You know the bullshit letter that every cover up has ever had. Kate Mandell was a miserable young woman who had a miserable mother and a miserable life. And that's how it would stay forever. She was never to be found again.

I thought murdering Kate would fix Miles and I's relationship but it's somehow made it worse. He's even more distant now and it feels like he's disgusted with me. It's like the idea of me being just as insane as him is now disturbing.

What does he expect? This is what happens when one person's toxicity spreads to another. You'd think he would want a freak like himself, but no, me who stares at him through his reflection is just a deafening reminder of what he truly is.

He treats me like I'm a housewife and that's my only purpose.

Our relationship has officially failed.

I just don't understand what I did wrong... Aside from killing Kate. I've always supported him. I've always supported that jackass whose a fucking sociopath! And I never left him! Never! I'm the only one in this world who will accept him for who he actually is yet he still won't return my love.

It feels like I'm invisible to him.

"Y/n, will you be a good girl and bring this to Mrs. Grose?" Miles asks, not taking his eyes off of the book he was reading as he nudged his empty plate.

I blinked, glaring at the oblivious male as I picked the plate up and walked behind him.

I childishly flipped him off and dropped the plate on the ground to see if he'd notice.

Even as the porcelain material shattered everywhere, making a loud noise, he still didn't take his eyes away from the book to notice... To notice me.

That's when it hit me.

I'm not the problem. My boyfriend is.