Devlin stood up and calmly held onto one of the pistols. He studied it with caution before announcing, "This is anti-devil AK-13. They are only sold and found in the devil armies... how did you get this?"

"You make a lot of friends doing my work, Your Greatness," said Everett, before gesturing to me to pick my weapon. "Anything pique your interest, Miss Ju?"

I tilted my head to the side and found myself staring at this one black dagger with an intricately designed golden sheath. The more I looked at it, the more I felt it calling out to me. Without a hint of reluctance, I pointed at it. "That one."

"Another good choice," said Everett, tossing me the knife. "Rumors say it was actually made by first-ever demi-demon and that she even used her bones in the process. It's a one of a kind."

"Does it work on devils?" I asked with a slightly desperate tone. Just having witnessed Devlin fight had me fearful for my life, especially since I had to go into a grand ballroom full of others just like him.

Everett stared at me questioningly. "I'm not sure. I've never used any of these yet."

Anxiety began to crawl its way up my throat when something in the back of my mind told me to calm down and that I would be fine.

"I'll take it," I stated with confidence. I needed to trust my gut this time around.

Devlin looked at me with curious eyes, but before I could ask him what it was, Everett had moved on to the potions.

"About the potions," he added, "I think I'll make two. One for you, Miss Ju, and the other for the great prince. And with that said, don't worry about your outfits either, I've got that covered for you."

"Really? Everett, you rock!" I cried, engulfing him in a big hug. "You just saved me from robbing a boutique."

The night grew colder, and we weren't getting any younger. So, Everett gave me the bed while Devil Boy took the couch. However, I noticed the warlock wasn't going to sleep, so I asked, "Aren't you going to rest for the big witches' convention tomorrow?"

He smiled at me. "Don't worry about me, Miss Ju. I have some potions to cook up, and if they need what I'm thinking, I might need a few hours or so. Regardless, don't worry about it. Now rest, child."

With that, I smiled back at him and laid my head on my pillow. And for the first time since my arrival in the Underworld, I was finally able to get some decent sleep.

XXX

The next day came by faster than expected, and having slept like brick, waking up was a real bitch. Nevertheless, we were back on the road by sunrise. We hadn't traveled more than an hour when we finally reached our destination. great Capital of Desidia, Caput.

An ocean of skyscrapers and buildings spread across the horizon as the warm tint of the sun-glazed their glassy textures. People of all shapes, sizes, and cultures flooded the pedestrian areas — either casually enjoying the city or making their way to their next meeting. Amid the loud bands jamming out their music, performers danced in some of the parks we had passed by, wowing crowds and exciting some school children. From a nearby food market, the air smelt rich of various delicacies that would make one drool. Everything was loud and alive in the capital of Desidia.

The Great Ball was happening in the evening, so we had the whole day to venture through the city. Like an excited toddler, I bounced up and down then beamed at half-asleep Devlin. "Caput is amazing! What should we do first Devlin?"

"Sleep," he yawned. "It's not that impressive, Iram's capital is twice as large as this place and has many more festivities going on."

My excitement dampened faster than the speed of a bullet. "Fucken Buzzkill."