Chapter Four

Like a sack of random potatoes thrown off a skyscraper, I fell from the dark cerise sky and hit the concrete ground butt first

Like a sack of random potatoes thrown off a skyscraper, I fell from the dark cerise sky and hit the concrete ground butt first. To say my tailbone was on fire is an understatement, I was in so much searing pain I almost crapped myself and cried a waterfall simultaneously. I rolled over to my side and tried to get up. Cursing the air with all my might and soul, I managed to on the third attempt then picked up the black parcel a few feet away from me, and only after that did I realize I had no idea where the heck I was.

The firmament was a bloody red with a cloud of grey that one would first guess could be a result of some heavy nuclear pollution. On my far left, I noticed a row of what I believe were tollgates, but instead of the usual toll bars for cars, these were small enough for only a person to pass through. With my right side completely clear of life of any kind, I found it a smarter decision to make my way to one of the gates. As I approached one, I spotted a humanoid figure, with a set of black ram-like horns on either side of his head and pale milky skin, working within it. Whatever it was, it was either not human or that was some hell of an awesome costume.

"Hello, my name is Jaspin. He and him pronouns, please. Now how can I help you?" said the tollgate guy, not sparing me a second look and focusing on the screen before him.

"Um," I start before pointing up, "so I just fell from the sky?"

Fixed on a screen, Jaspin hardly flinched at my statement as he went, "Yeah, and what's the problem exactly?"

"I don't know, I could've died."

He furiously types some more before adding, "That's just the form of transport you could afford. Well, your courier service, that is."

"How did you know I'm a delivery girl?"

He broke away from his laptop and stared at me straight in the eye like I was the dumbest thing he had ever laid his eyes on. "You have a special delivery packaging on that thing." He gestured to the pitch-black box. "Do you know anything about UPS?"

"I'm sorry, what's that?"

He rolled his lifeless grey eyes. "The Underworld Packaging Services. Are you trying to get yourself fired? Know the basics at least."

"Wait... I'm in the ..." My mind froze for a moment. I couldn't believe what I had heard. "C-could you repeat that?"

"Are you trying to get fired?"

"N-no.The part before that!" I banged the table out of a little too much excitement, denting it a little. "Where did you say I am?"

It took him a second to reply. However, once he did, I almost screamed and did a backflip out of pure delight.

"The Underworld." Jaspin inched closer to what looked like a red panic button.

Without a second thought, I retracted my hands to my sides and bubbled out a nervous laugh. "Sorry about that..." He didn't look convinced, but I just played it off. "So, you're telling me when those doors opened, I fell into the Underworld and almost broke my ass? What an entrance right?"