Chapter 2: Deployment Order

-----5/10/2025-----
-----Sunday, 0504-----

"Listen up, everyone! 3rd Recon Unit has received a request from the city of Italica's representative, Pina Co Lada to provide backup for local peacekeeping mission. They require additional support from us." Lieutenant General George Griffin conveys a quick briefing about the situation in Italica. A few hours ago, the 3rd Recon Unit, led by Itami Youji contacted Alnus Base to repel the attack of the horde of bandits, on the request of Princess Pina Co Lada.

"Let us handle it!" The commander of 1st Combat Unit, Lieutenant Colonel Mason speaks up. "Combat Unit 1 has finished forming up and is ready to go, awaiting for your orders!"

"No!" Says a guy. "The distance is too long and time consuming to go there by land vehicles." Colonel Wyatt of 4th Combat Unit replies. "Lieutenant General, please pick Combat Unit 4!"

Lieutenant Colonel Kengun, Wyatt's subordinate continues. "We have the loudspeakers, the stereo and Wagner CD ready to go."

"A question, Lieutenant. Why would you bring those?" Wyatt replies.

"We Japanese have our own habits, sir. Ask Major Youga here."

"Combat Unit 4 will go. All we need now is speed and power, that makes their unit the sensible choice."

Griffin reflects back. "These Japanese are idolising Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore..? And why did I sound like Jeremy Clarkson earlier? Goddamn."

After the order is issued, the whole 4th Combat Unit rolls out from Alnus, heading for Italica.

Hours passed and they are approaching their destination. Flying with their sun on their back, everyone is eager to use more bastards as target practice.

"Start the music!" Kengun says, as Youga turns on the player. 'Ride of the Valkyries' plays on connected stereos near them via Bluetooth.

A mixed US-Japan unit, the Americans could hear the music. One music plays in their mind.

Yeah that's right it's fortunate son.

Of course, back to the Japs, one of them unbuckles his helmet and sits on it. "Why do you people sit on your helmet?!" His comrade asks.

"I want to hold to my testicles, thank you!"

5 minutes has passed. All of them can see the wall that separates Italica from the outside world. As an Apache heli of the JGSDF fires its Hydra 70 mm rocket, it hits the wall, causing few unlucky bandits fatally wounded from the falling bricks.

The Siege of Italica begins.

-----11/10/2025-----
-----Friday, 1542-----

The same mess hall when the Ginza invasion took place. Most personnel are munching on their meal. As for Ryuichi and Kento, of course they are giving all their attention to the television. It is airing the National Diet session, with a bit of twist.

The topic is all about the cause of 150 casualties, during a quick fight of the 3rd Recon Team and a flame dragon. It is said that only 450 survivors made it and went on their own.

The commander of the said recon unit, Itami has given his own reason of the loss of 150 souls. Following suit was Lelei La Lelena, a sorcerer, claimed by the natives and Tuka Luna Marceau, an elf. Currently, the said elf is answering questions.

"I really found her irritating. Always finds a way to blame people." Ryuichi refers to Kouhara Mizuk, the one who's throwing questions at the elf.