Chapter 3: First Experience

-----Wednesday, 15/10/2025-----
-

----1230-----

Three military personnel of the JGSDF walks around on the base. Following them in front is the trio girls who were mentioned before in previous chapter, where they were interviewed by the National Diet. Accompanying them is Pina Co Lada, the Princess of the Empire and her right hand woman, Bozes Co Palesti. They visited Alnus due to Bozes' action, where she attacked a certain recon group of the JGSDF. Luck was on their side, when a squad of the USMC noticed them and confronted her. She tried to slash the Marine but he instantly disarmed her sword. Of course, Princess Pina heard all of this and reprimanded Boxes.

Since it's a day off for the personnel, they decide to bring the girls around the military area, to get themselves familiar with modern arsenal. The blue-haired mage girl, Lelei stops and points at an air base.

"What is that?" She points towards an aircraft being built up. The two wings of the aircraft are being fit on the fuselage. Due to the gate's size that can only fit 3 MBTs in one line, they have to take the wings off from the fuselage to transport it through the gate.

"I think it's a fighter aircraft? I've heard somewhere that the JASDF are starting their operations here." The female personnel answers Lelei's question. The group turns their attention towards the airbase. Lelei translates the explanation to the natives before one of them asks a question.

"What is a 'fighter aircraft'? Is this another breed of your metal wyvern?" Pina asks the personnel, where they looked at each other.

"Or even another breed of your 'helocopter'?" Boxes adds another question to the personnel, which they had the urge to laugh, until a male personnel of the group answers them.

"It's basically a small wyvern. It's primarily made for air-to-air combat, but there are few aircrafts designed to act as both wyvern and dragon. If I'm not wrong, that is a Mitsubishi F-2, the very own aircraft of the JASDF. It can act both as wyvern and dragon in a battle."

Hearing that gasps them. Wonders of the JSDF never failed to amaze them. They have seen the USMC in action, but they thought there aren't difference between the two entities. Again, Lelei being the translator, due to her learning Japanese.

"So, which part of the 'air craft' breaths fire? The white part or the hole one?" Lelei refers to the nose part and the hole underneath the fuselage.

"Uh.. None of them breathes fire, technically. They release these big arrows which could cause an explosion, even deadlier than a wyvern." Another man in the group conveys another explanation to the natives.

"Sir Itami, why these 'air craft' were never sent to assist us back in Italica? It could've done much faster work than your 'helocopters'."

"Because, Princess, I think these aircrafts arrived yesterday, because we never saw those before your visit to Japan, am I right? And it wastes much more fuel and money for the Army. Our choppers  could even destroy those bandits, but cheaper. And it could transport our footmen to Italica. Fighter aircrafts could only fit a pilot, the person who controls it."

A girl in her, how should I put this? 'Priestess outfit?' of black and red throws another question.

"Hey Itami. Could you fly one of those? We would love to see those wyverns fly."

The man rubs his hair. "Unfortunately Rory, I'm not trained to fly one of those. And I serve the ground force, not the air force."

Rory only crosses her arm. "So boring."