Princess Prom

"It's your first ever Princess Prom!" Mum exclaimed excitedly, pointing to the scroll that she had given me.
"Wha-" I asked, confusion swirling inside me. "I'm... I'm not a princess though?"

Catra came rushing into the room. "FINN IS GOING TO PRINCESS PROM?!" She squealed. Her pupils became twice as big, and they appeared to sparkle.

"Well this year, Glimmer's hosting it, and she's made an exception for you! Read the invitation!" Theyvhugged each other tightly and watched in anticipation as I read through the scroll.

"Dear Princesses and Royalty,
This year's Princess Prom will be held in Brightmoon, and our honourable host(s) this year will be Queen Glimmer and her fiancé, Bow.
We will also be honouring, for the first time in the history of Princess Prom, the child of Princess' Adora and Catra Meowmeow. Please respect them and their pronouns."

"Aren't you excited?!" They chorused, smiles plastered on their soft faces. Looking into their eyes, I could see the love that they felt, in general. For me, for all of their friends, for each other. I felt, suddenly, tears form in my eyes. I couldn't stop it.

"Finn?" Mum asked, concern showing in her voice. Without warning, I ran up and pulled them both into a tight embrace. "Th-thank you..." I sniffled, tears streaming down my cheeks. Their warmth and love swarmed me, the smile on my face growing bigger every second.

After a while, we let go, and I stared up at them. Their eyes were red, as if they'd been crying too, and Catra smiled warmly at me.

"You're welcome, kid."