Chapter Nineteen

"Oh, honey, you look beautiful!" Mom gushed as she turned me around to face the mirror.
"Woah." I grinned, looking at myself. The dress really suited me and mom had done my makeup to perfection.
There was a knock on the door and I grabbed my shoes and ran to open it, "Cameron! You look hot-- handsome. I said handsome."
"Nicely saved, Green. And thank you. You look gorgeous." He hugged me and pecked my cheek as I let him inside.
"C'mon, pictures!" Mom rushed downstairs with my phone and her phone.
Cameron put his arm around my waist and I put mine around his back. She was like the paparazzi, taking different angles and using different filters.
"Alright, let's go!" We all slipped on our shoes and mom drove us to the school.
When we arrived, we saw Eli, Dani, Tiffani and PJ all waiting outside for us. I waved goodbye to my mom and we made our way inside the gym with our friends.
"Lee, you look amazing! The dress is perfect!" The girls gushed.
I smiled and hugged them all, "Thank you. You all look amazing too!"
The boys all came back over and handed everyone drinks. We danced and messed around as the music blasted around the room but I couldn't help myself from thinking about Lori and how she was still preparing her Levanah smack down.
"Lee, what's up? You look scared." Cameron snapped me out of my thoughts and I returned to the dance.
"Oh, right, sorry." I smiled but he frowned and we continued dancing with everyone.
***
"Alright, so it's that time of the night where we find out who our Spring Formal king and queen are!" The DJ yelled and everyone cheered. This was the point where I spotted Lori's friends but no Lori. I just assumed she was in the bathroom and I shrugged it off.
"Okay. The votes are in and I can now reveal that your Spring Formal king is...Gabe Sandler!"
Gabe ran up on the stage and collected his crown. Max told me that Gabe was Lori's boyfriend so I knew that she would be the queen.
"Ugh. It's gonna be lori. She cheats and gets some nerd to change all the votes for every single dance we have." My friends told me. Just as I expected.
"And your Spring Formal queen is...oh. The winner has been suspended from school so we have to give the crown to the girl with the second most votes. Levanah Green, you are the 2014 Spring Formal queen!" The DJ yelled, again. Everyone cheered and my friends freaked out when I went to collect my crown. I had to take a photo with Gabe which neither of us really enjoyed but then I ran over to everyone and squealed.
"You're the queen!" Tiffani laughed, "I'm so happy! Lori isn't the queen!"
Cameron pulled me over to him and fixed the crown on my head, "You look so beautiful." He said.
I grinned and gave him a hug, "Thank you. Um, there's something I've been meaning to tell you for a long time now..."
-Lee's Flashback-
"I need to ask you something, Cam." I said to him as I pulled him aside. We were at our 6th grade school dance for the start of summer vacation.
"Yeah? What is it?" He asked, flashing a smile.
I struggled to think of a way to tell him I liked him, "Remember when we played truth or dare with Jazmyn and everyone? Well after we, um, y'know, kissed I felt like I had feelings for you. But, like, not as a friend."
I mentally smacked myself.
"Levanah? Levanah? I'm up here! You just zoned out on me. What was it you needed to tell me?" He laughed.
"Oh, um, it doesn't matter. I don't think I was right anyway."
--
I remembered the dance and how I'd always had feelings for him. Turns out I never did anything about it.
"Yep. I'm all ears." Cameron said with a smile.
"I think I love you. I think I always have." Well done, Lee. You made yourself sound creepy.
But to cameron, I didn't sound creepy at all. He kissed me again but not like the first kiss we shared, not like the one outside the mall; This was like he really meant it.
"I think I love you too." He added. We smiled and went back to everyone. Eli's face was priceless, he obviously saw what happened.
"So are we gonna dance or not?" Dani asked and we all danced with her until the DJ played some romancey songs.
"Okay, it's almost the end of the night so let's have a couple cutesy songs for the lovebirds out there." He started playing Love Story by Taylor Swift.
"Hey, listen, it's our song!" I pulled Cameron in closer to me and wrapped my arms around his neck.
He looked at me in shock and excitement, "Oh my god! Do you remember?!"
It was the best feeling in the world, knowing that I could now remember all of the tiniest details that I thought would be lost forever.
"It's like that 6th grade summer 'romance', all over again," We laughed.
He was still in complete shock, "I can't believe it, you're back, you remember!"
I grinned, pulling him in and kissing him, "How could I ever forget?"