Chapter Seventeen

The next day, I made sure I was a little early into school so that everyone would be by the lockers. Max waited in the boys' bathroom until I texted him to tell him to come out and help me.
Honestly, I wasn't even nervous about facing the whole school and telling them about the most popular girl's lies. Not at all.
When I saw that pretty much everyone was nearby, I texted max and he snuck out of the bathroom and stood next to me as I clambered onto a bench.
All attention was on me.
"As everyone here knows, Lori Peters is the so-called 'leader' of this school. But not a good kind of leader, the kind of leader that feels she can push everyone around and tell them to do as she wishes. That's why I've brought Max here today to tell you something about his ex, Lori Peters."
Lori sashayed into the hall and glared at Max and I standing on the bench.
Max explained everything he told me to the rest of the school and thank god most of them believed him.
Everyone stared at Lori in shock and one Junior eyed Lori's purse.
"That boy's right!" She yelled, pointing at Lori's bag, "This isn't even Chanel! The fake tag is half-fallen off!"
I laughed as Lori stormed towards me. For once I was standing tall, above her.
She gave me a shove, but I didn't even flinch, "I can't believe you, Freshman! I'll still make your life even worse for you"
Principal Hernandez walked right on in. She'd just admitted to the fact that she had been bullying these past few weeks.
"Lori Peters, my office. Now."
I was mentally doing my happy dance as Lori began to walk away. But I felt like I ruled the world when she turned and said: "Alright, loser. You win this round...and every other round after this. But just know that you'll never be able to pay for what your dad did!"
I placed a hand on my hip, and looked down at cameron who was smirking up at me, "You're right. And that's because he never did anything. Check the police reports, loser. I think you'll find it says that Jordan Peters was speeding AND drink-driving on the Glen Anderson freeway. Your brother killed my dad."
She frustratedly squealed and the principal pulled her away into the office and everyone applauded me and continued with their day.
I had my 15 minutes of fame and stood up to the biggest bitch in the school. Job well done, I'd say.
"Her face was priceless!" Cameron sniggered as we headed to geometry.
I grinned, "I know, right? I'm pretty proud of myself. Let's just hope she gets kicked out of this school sooner rather than later."
"I bet she will. She's most likely to get pregnant before she graduates, too!"
We both laughed together and sat in our geometry class. I didn't pay much attention. I just sat doodling in my notebook whilst cameron scribbled notes and concentrated on Mrs Rodriguez's lecture.
***
"Mom! Do I have a story to tell you!" I yelled excitedly as I ran inside.
She looked up at me, "Alright, sweetie. Just calm down a little, I have so much work to finish."
I told her everything about Max sneaking out of college and coming into my school to give Lori a total smack-down, but she seemed to focused on her work to really be interested.
"Well done, honey. That's great! You stood up to her. I told you this school would be different!" She said. Mom was always so stuck in her little business world, it annoyed me a lot.
I took my backpack with me upstairs and sat at my desk to start my homework.
Dani ✌️: Tiff and I are going dress shopping for the spring formal this weekend. You wanna join?
Me: Sure! I'll walk to your place and we can head to the mall on Saturday.
I was in no way excited about this whole dance, let alone the dress-buying experience. But I didn't want to let them down, or my mom, so I decide to meet up with them on Saturday to buy myself a dress for the dance.
Dani was going with Eli and Tiffani was going with her boyfriend PJ. As per usual, I was going with myself or awkwardly tag along with my friends.
Despite the fact that I could barely tolerate PJ, I thought it would be better to go with my friends than to go with Cameron. I had just pretty much rejected him.
I pulled out my books and started reading through my homework, but my phone started to ring.
I picked it up without identifying the caller ID, "Hello?" I said.
"Hey," the other end spoke, "It's cameron. I just wanted to ask if you wanted to go to the dance with me? As friends, Y'know?"
Perfect. Subtlety reject him again, or just go along with it?