Chapter 83: Fortunately

En başından başla

He possessed rare treasures and a pure personality. It wouldn't be so bad if he was cheated of his treasures, but if he had stepped onto the wrong path and was ultimately eliminated by heavenly law...

Thinking of this possibility, Zhuang Qing simply couldn't suppress the anger in his heart. He laughed coldly. "Senior has profound cultivation. This junior does not dare to venture a guess at your true form, are you really a pheasant?"

Zhu Yue replied with a displeased look, "Junior, you've overstepped your boundaries."

The formidable pressure caused a cold sweat to break out on Zhuang Qing's forehead.. He nearly fell to his knees, as if there was a gigantic mountain pressing down on him.

"It's not good for little kids to know too much about adult matters," Zhu Yue smiled. "You are very clever and loyal, I am happy that Little Li made a good friend like you. But we don't need outsiders to interfere in our family's affairs."

She sighed. Her opinion of him rose a little as she looked at this junior who didn't take a single step back despite his pale face, and who didn't reveal even the slightest hint of fear. If she had used this move a few thousand years ago, who knew how many yao cultivators would kneel and call her king?

"It is for his sake that we do not let him know certain truths," Zhu Yue released the pressure and placed her hands behind her back. "I'm now reassured after seeing that Little Li is living very well."

"The legends say that the body of Vermilion Bird daren, the protector of one of the earth's directions, is covered in the true flame of the five elements. She is capable of dispelling all resentment in the world and bringing auspicious omens to the world." Zhuang Qing asked, "If I may dare to ask Auntie Zhu Yue, is this legend true or false?"

The meal room sank into a deathly silence.

"It was true five thousand years ago, but false now," Zhu Yue was silent for a long time. She looked at the tiny garden outside the window. "The universe has long lost the need for the Vermilion Bird's protection, so this world also no longer needs the Vermilion Bird to exist."

"This junior understands," Zhuang Qing took a step back and bowed deeply to Zhu Yue. "This junior bids farewell."

He took step after step back till he left the meal room. Only then did he turn around and head out.

Zhu Yue stood at the edge of the doorsteps and watched the young yao stride out of the yard. Suddenly, she let out a laugh. It was little Fu Li's good fortune to have made friends with this child. He had clearly guessed her true form, but still dared to run over and question her, protesting against injustice for little Fu Li. Such kind intentions were hard to come by.

"You found the things you wanted?" Fu Li saw Zhuang Qing return with empty hands and assumed that he had already placed the things inside his Qiankun pouch. Thus, he asked, "Do you have any other things you want to take with you?"

Zhuang Qing looked at Fu Li's happy smile and shook his head silently.

Crash.

A tiny, vermilion-colored bird came over with a letter in its mouth. Fu Li extended a hand and the tiny bird landed on his palm, morphing into a red feather. Upon opening the letter and reading it, a hint of disappointment could be seen on his face.

"What's wrong?" Watching him clutch the letter and feather wordlessly, his entire person on edge, Zhuang Qing furrowed his brows.

"Nothing," Fu Li shook his head. He hung his head as he replied, "Sister Zhu Yue left a letter saying that she's already left."