Chapter 81: Medicine

Start from the beginning

"I was pampered by the elders on Reflecting Mist Mountain from young. They gave me all that they had," Fu Li's fair fingertips trembled slightly. "From young, they taught me that there were things I could and couldn't do as a yao. If I were to create trouble after leaving the mountain, they could take responsibility for me. But there was one thing I definitely couldn't do."

"If I were to feed on those with intelligence, I would be expelled from Reflecting Mist Mountain, never to be acknowledged again," Fu Li's voice shook. "I..."

Ate dragon flesh.

"I hoped for them all to be alive and well. I hoped to be reunited with them, yet feared reuniting with them," Fu Li subconsciously stroked the quilt made of Jiaoren yarn. "How can I let them know that the rabbit yao they raised like a treasure is actually a yao beast of unknown identity who has designs on dragon flesh?"

"When I think about how I could be hated by them in the future, I would rather they live on well and never find me. And that the me in their hearts will forever be that easily satisfied rabbit who could make them happy just from breaking a tree with a kick."

The closer to home, the greater the apprehension. Any place with old friends was home.

"I said your brain is no good, and you still refuse to admit to it." Zhuang Qing turned around and sat up, asking Fu Li, "When did you eat dragon flesh?"

"That azure dragon..."

"Back in those years when I fought with the white dragon clan, I also bit them. Does that count as eating dragons? There's no such thing as elegance in a fight. If you can vent anger by taking a bite, then of course you should. Isn't that very normal?" Zhuang Qing said seriously. "Qing Yan is also still alive and well, how is what you did considered violating a rule?"

Fu Li blinked, his eyes on Zhuang Qing. He couldn't quite react.

"If you really like eating dragon flesh, why haven't you gobbled me up when interacting with me in private?" Zhuang Qing coughed a few times. He rapped Fu Li on the head with resentment. "In my eyes, you haven't seen your elders for a very long time and now want to act like a spoiled child. Consider your age, you're already more than four thousand years old. Is it appropriate for you to act like a little kid?"

"I..."

Fu Li hadn't finished his statement when he saw Zhuang Qing spit out a mouth of fresh blood. He was so frightened that he didn't dare to utter the rest of the statement, instead hurriedly transmitting spiritual energy into his body.

Strange. The meridians in his body had already been opened, so why was he still spitting out blood? Was his cultivation not high enough, preventing him from identifying the issue? Fu Li circulated his qi around Zhuang Qing's body once. Not feeling very reassured, he then stuffed a few medicinal pills into Zhuang Qing's mouth.

"What did you give me to eat?"

"Nothing much, just some ordinary Everlasting Pills."

Zhuang Qing choked. One Everlasting Pill cost five million, and he now had five of them in his mouth...

Twenty-five million.

This time, not only did Zhuang Qing's chest feel stuffy, his heart also started aching.

Fu Li saw Zhuang Qing's complexion turn even paler after eating the medicinal pills. Lowering his head, he sniffed the medicine bottle. This was the correct smell, the medicine wasn't spoilt.

Zhu Yue pushed open the door and came in, handing a bowl emitting steam to Zhuang Qing. "This medicine will nourish your meridians. Drink it first, I'll prescribe the subsequent medicine later."