In The Arms Of A Murderer

Start from the beginning

"Then don't. Tell me the truth"

"I work for the mafia, well something like that at least"

I started laughing at him. There was no way he was serious about this. This wasn't some cliche movie.

"Don't laugh" He murmured.

"Leo, just tell me the truth you don't have to make it seem funny" I said.

"It is the truth"

I blinked at him not knowing what to say.

What?

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"The blood on the clothes. That was because I beat up the guy you stabbed so that he would tell me who his boss is. That's how I found out who is after you"

Too much truth. I feel dizzy now.

"W-what?" I asked shocked, "So does that mean you have k-killed people?"

He didn't say anything. The look on his face said it all. I gasped and put my hand on my mouth.

"Let me explain" He said and took a few steps close to me.

I took a few steps back, I didn't want to be close to him. I wanted to process all of this.

"How do you explain murder?" I asked, my voice small, still not being able to believe what I was hearing.

"The people we deal with are bad people and-"

"Who cares if they're bad people? That's still murder!" I said firmly.

He froze and stared at me with wide eyes.

"I only did it to defend myself" He mumbled.

"Maybe, but your "friends" do it for other reasons too, don't they? And you support that!"

"They saved me, they were there for me when no one else was. I owe them that" He said.

"That's not an excuse" I said, "I can't believe I am really with a murderer" I mumbled the last part to myself.

Maybe it was because of how shocked I was, but I wasn't hearing any of his excuses. I just wanted to leave.

"Is this all I am to you?" He asked. I made the mistake to look at him and my heart almost broke. His eyes were glossy and he looked so hurt.

"I don't want to be involved in this. People like you killed my mom"

His eyes widened and I saw a tear roll down his cheek, "I didn't-I wouldn't-" He stumbled over his words with a quivering voice.

"And your parents too. How could you get involved in that after everything?"

He didn't say anything. He looked like a child being scolded.

I didn't know why I was being so harsh, maybe it was because this was the last thing I expected and it wasn't a good thing either. Internally, I was yelling at myself to stop hurting him, stop saying things like that and let him finish first, but I ignored the part of me that said this. It felt like I had no control over what I was saying and what I was doing.

"I'm sorry" He said quietly dropping his head. He seemed embarrassed for himself and once again he was slightly shaking. It was heartbreaking to see him like that and normally I would break down at the sight, but I felt consumed by anger, shock and disbelief.

"I'm not the one you should be saying sorry to. Maybe try telling the ones you've killed"

That's too far, stop it.