7. Delusional

On the seventh day of Christmas...
____________________________________

Adriens POV:

"Wake up marinette" I slightly shake her as the rest of us have already gotten up, i didn't want to wake her since we both slept late, but we had plans today.

I can hardly remember if last night even happened, i felt delusional when it did. I saw the necklace again dangling from marinettes neck when I woke up so I could confirm I was indeed not dreaming. My heart stopped and I have no idea what to do.

I don't want to tell her because that means telling her who I am, a fact she'd be disappointed that the Perfect Adrien Agreste is the most disfuncional hero in Paris .

"Five more minutes" She groans as i continue to try and wake her up, her little annoyed sounds make me smile a little from her cuteness.

"Marinette we have plans today, get up" i whisper taking a strand of hair out of her face. She smiles with her eyes still closed. "Five more minutes?" She asks, "get up" i chuckle and she finally opens her eyes.

"What time is it" she rubs her eyes gently smiling up at me, "11:00am" she instantly jolts up hitting the both of us in the head, "ouch!" We both hold our foreheads. "Sorry" she giggles as i join her.

"I'm gonna go get ready now" she stares at me, "oh my god if you two will stop flirting already come on marinette" Alya says which makes the both of us turn our heads.

"Alright alright" marinette stands up and heads to the bathroom with Alya while grabbing her clothes.

I'm still trying to process last night, not only what I discovered but also the night I had with marinette on her balcony as Chat noir. Nino was right, and when I thought about it, how can you be in love with two people at once? But the answer was always there. They weren't two people.

"I told you it was one pot" plagg whispers out of my pocket with only me and Nino in the room. "Yeah yeah, guess you were right too" I roll my eyes.

"Oh you are SO going to tell me everything" Nino smirks on the other side of the room.

~~~

Marinettes POV:

"Tell me everything! Did he come over!!??" Alya jumps. "Hey calm down they might hear you!" I whisper scream, "sorry sorry but tell me!" She also whisper screams.

"Alright alright" i chuckle while finishing up my hair and makeup.

"We'll he did come at exactly 1:30 sharp which is very rare since he's never time handy. We talked for a while and he asked me why I called him so late" I put on blush to cover up my real blush.

"And obviously i couldn't say because you dared me to, to prove I didn't love him" I brush through my hair . "So what'd you say" she seems so incredibly intrigued it's creepy.

"I said I wanted to see him" I put my head down in defeat. "Awww oh my god I knew it" she squeals, "okay but I'm still in love with Adrien so that is a problem" I wide eye. "This is not the bachelorette, whoever makes the move first is who you choose" she says.

I refrained from telling her what happened at the end of our meeting. I decided maybe to keep it myself for a little. Luckily she didn't notice.

"Well you look so good so let's go it's nearly noon" she leads me out. When I get out I see Adrien looking at me up and down a little red and Nino teasing him.

"Our eyes are up here boys so let's get going before we are late" Alya boldly starts walking downstairs, today we are going out for coffee, then going to the Eiffel Tower to laugh at tourists and take photos, then we are going to the book store and lastly the amusement park.

"Bye mama, bye papa!" I say bye to my parents as my friends and I head to the coffee shop, In the snow. Screw the aesthetic and being appreciated of the world around us, we decided to get in the car and retrace our carbon footprint later.

~~~

"Oh my god could it get colder" I touch my nose to warm it up, "it is actually" Nino tells me. I hate climate change.

"Hey at-least we have warm drinks now" Adrien points out, true but still quite painful. "So, the bookstore?" Alya asks as she's driving, we all agree and start our way there.

Once we get there we look around, hang out in the warm environment.

All that's going on in my mind is swirly, a little fuzzy even. Maybe I should text chat noir, or call him but we are in public. Wouldn't want to break my own rules.

Kitty:
Hey m'lady, what are you up to this morning?
Read 1:36pm

Looks like he beat me to it...

Me:
Just with my friends
Read 1:38pm

Kitty:
I miss you already ;)
Read 1:37pm

I begin to start messaging him back when I turn my to the side to see Adrien texting, on a phone that looks an awful lot like the one in my hands right now...

I think I'm going to throw up, barf, maybe puke. Not here in the library because I'm disappointed but because my heart feels like it's leaping up stairs, i have to get out of here.

I go to find Alya when Adrien approaches me, "hey are you okay?" He sees me heavy breathing, "uhh yeah I just have to find Alya have you seen her?" I look at him for far too long as he waves me back into reality.

"Hey seriously, are you good?" He looks worried and then I see it, the same look Chat noir gives me when he's worried. I don't how to feel right now I just need to talk to Alya.

"Yeah yeha just umm, girl stuff!" I leave his direction and start looking around for my bestfriend. "Girl stuff?" Tiki chuckles a little in my bag . "You saw what just happened what other choice did I have?" I speed walk.

"Marinette i think you need to calm down it's not that big of a deal-" she starts as I bump into none other than Alya. "Oh my god I have been looking everywhere for you!"

She looks confused as I tug her arm and lead her into the bathrooms, "girl what is wrong with you?" She wonders as i drag her Into the large stall where no one is.

"You remember how I gave Chat noir a burner phone so we could talk right?" I breathe heavier as she tries to calm me down. "I think I'm going crazy but oh my god I think I saw Adrien with the phone" I blurt.

"What!" Her jaw drops and her eyes widen, "I know that's kind of why I'm freaking out here so really I think it would help if-" i begin, "this is great!" She cuts me off .

"Great!?" I raise an eyebrow, "umm yeah! If Adrien is Chat noir then you aren't in love with two people" she freaks out of joy.

"How are you so calm about this i just found out his identity that could destroy everything we've already had!" I panic, "do you still love him?" She Asks, "I'm still not processing that they're the same person but yeah I think so?" I sweat.

Alya fans me with her hands so my makeup doesn't run, "so what's the big deal?" She shrugs, "the big deal is i don't know if he'll resent me forever if I keep this a secret or if i tell him" I start to calm down.

"He loves you, I'm sure he won't resent you because you're ladybug. He's already in love with marinette" she says, but how does she know, he's a flirty person there's a difference.

"Marinette just calm down, we'll move on with our fun planned day and you can freak out more later" I nodd and take deep breathes, trying to figure out how I'll face him even after that.

I know it's that phone, i remember how it looks. I know I gave it to him and I know when I did he was not Adrien Agreste.

"Okay good, now let's go back out, and we can head to the Eiffel Tower" she smiles, i calm down and take one last breathe before going back out.

There we see Adrien and Nino waiting for us next to the cashier.

"Hey marinette? Are you feeling better?" Adrien smiles, i think I'm going to be sick. Maybe act delusional for now.

____________________________________