5 | What Didn't Happen

Start from the beginning

"Ooh, that one looks cool!"

As we bantered over which rides we wanted to try first, our parents looked over the itinerary and made light conversation. Before we all knew it, the train ride was over and we arrived at Osaka.

Shinso and I ogled at everything our eyes landed on like the tourists we were. While heading to our hotel, we actually saw a few Pro Heroes and decided to meet them!

The first we spotted was Godzillo who was offering autographs and pictures to fans. Next we noticed Washa doing the same thing with a load of fans surrounding him. And then, to my surprise, we saw my Aunty Midnight! I ran up to her with a wide smile on my face and she matched my expression.

"Aunty Midnight!"

"Honey Bunny! Its been a long time since I've seen the most amazing niece an aunt could ask for!" She greeted me with a big hug.

I could hardly breathe let alone make a reply as she squeezed me. But I loved her hugs anyways.

As we embraced, other fans began to awkwardly shuffle away to give us distance, but some were taking photos to post on social media. She also wasn't in costume, meaning she was off duty, yet most fans recognized her despite her lackluster appearance.

"Hey Cuzz, thanks for meeting us here," my mom greeted her with a smile.

"Yeah, we can't imagine how busy you are but glad you made it," my dad added with a warm smile.

"Thanks for the invitation, I've been meaning to take a vacation from teaching. I left those kids in Shota and Hizashi's hands so hopefully they survive," she laughed while releasing me.

At the mention of my aunts coworkers, I laughed too. From what she tells me, Shota aka Eraserhead was strict with his students and Hizashi aka Present Mic was a hyper teacher.

Since I was freed from her grasp, Shinso shyly approached, so I grabbed his hand and presented him to my aunt with a wide smile before she could get introduced to his parents.

"This is my best friend Hitoshi! We're in the same class at school and we're gonna be heroes one day!" I proudly proclaimed while Shinso gave a small wave and a nod in agreement.

"Nice to meet you Hitoshi. . . And is that so?" She gave Shinso a pat on the head then hummed with an amused smile, and I gave an energetic nod. "Well okay then, maybe I can talk to my coworkers for you two in the future," she added.

Shinso and I turned to look at each other, containing squeals of excitement after my aunts words. At this point, we were all making our way down the sidewalk towards the nearby hotel and the small crowd of fans dispersed.

"It is so nice to meet you Midnight," Shinso's mom greeted her respectfully, and Shinso's dad did the same. But my aunt waved them off playfully.

"Oh please call me Nemuri, or Kayama if you prefer, we're practically family now!"

Shinso's mom and dad gave polite nods and decided to call her Kayama since it was a bit more respectful. The entire time we walked to the hotel she detailed us on her prior day of heroics where she helped take down a gang of thugs with her quirk Somnambulist that allowed her to put people to sleep with her aroma.

She also noted in a hintful manner to our parents that things were getting a bit out of hand with crime lately.

The conversation was then pulled back to the vacation and what we were going to do for fun. Since Shinso's mom and my mom made the itinerary, they talked in great detail about our afternoon plans of checking out a few shops then to attend one of the park restaurants that night.