"You gave us quite the scare. How are you feeling?" He asked with a warm fatherly tone.

My mouth opened, but I couldn't get the words out, so I shut it with a small frown. It wasn't like I couldn't speak, it was more like my mind was so whipped after my mental future leap that I didn't know how to answer the question.

"She hasn't said anything yet. Is something wrong?" My mom told my dad before directing her question to the doctor.

I looked up and briefly studied the middle aged Doctor after my mom put a spotlight on her. She wore a normal doctors coat and a stethoscope dangling around her neck. She had long black hair held back in a ponytail with two white strands loosely framing her face. Her eyes were a pretty golden honey color and she wore a warm smile.

"That is a bit worrying, but I'll conduct my checkup now, Mrs. Otani," she said before looking down at me. "Good evening, my name is Dr. Go. Can you tell me yours?" she greeted respectfully with a clipboard in her hand.

With great effort, I shut my eyes briefly and cleared my throat before answering.

"Rini," I muttered, and my parents sighed with joyful relief.

"It's nice to meet you Rini," Dr. Go smiled warmly at me. "You have very pretty pink hair."

After her compliment, I nervously gave a nod, but the gesture made me wince. My mom and dad instantly reached out to comfort me, and Dr. Go frowned.

"I'm so sorry, let me get ," she stated.

My mom and dad gave curt nods then allowed her to do her job. She then gently placed a hand on my forehead, causing me to look up at her. When our eyes met, she gently removed her hand and offered a tender smile.

"I'm going to ask you some questions now and you have to answer them as best as you can, is that alright Rini?"

I gave a small slow nod.

"Alright. Your mom may have already told you, but you've been in a deep sleep for the past ten days. And from what your parents informed me, you said you saw something before you fell asleep. Is that true?"

"Y-Yes," I answered.

"Okay. Can you tell me what happened? And what you saw?"

I took a moment to think and answered slowly:

"We were going to have ramen for wunch. . . And my mom tried to give me the spoon but then I closed my eyes and my head started hurting. Then I saw a bunch of flashes and then a calendar. . . Then I saw the calendar pages flipping but in them were, like. . . videos? Or like pictures?

"And I saw myself talking to people. I saw a boy with purple hair by my neighborhood playground first, and he looked lonely so I said hi and we started playing together."

At this, my dad furrowed his brows. His dad instincts clearly got the better of him, and my mom gently placed a hand on his arm for some form of reassurance as I continued my explanation.

"Then I saw him again but he looked older, and I yelled at another boy who was making fun of us. . . Then it showed me another time but we were talking about an exam. . . And then it stopped when I was in a big classroom with big kids. . ."

"Teenagers?" Dr. Go offered me the word.

"Yeah!" I said while shining an appreciative smile. "And we were in a big classroom with others, but two were talking loudly at each other. A boy with blue hair and yellow hair. . . And then I saw a boy with green hair and a girl with brown hair coming through the door. . . Then that same boy with purple hair was sitting in front of me, and he said my name. But after that it all stopped and the calendar flipped pages but it was back- back-" I moved my hands in a reverse manner.