Fourteen

I really had to push myself to write this, because despite being on spring break I had next to no time to write. Did I mention I got a second job? Being an adult it not all rainbows and ponies, let me just tell you. Plus, I kept writing Adam as though he was King Avernus from my other story The Book Of Aure, and he speaks vaguely old english-esique, not at all the rumbly, grumbly manly man that is Adam. I suppose that means I should write another chapter of Aure pretty soon to get Avernus' voice out of my head. Y'all should take a peak at that story if it tickles ya fancy.

Boy, I'm chatty today.

Anyways, here's the next chapter, enjoy

Shy.B

"Finally," Micah muttered.

"Oh shut up, some things that seem easy for one is really difficult for another, okay?" Natalia huffed as she pulled the top of the printer back down, tucking away it's inner mechanics once more.

"I can't believe you still don't know how to put ink into a printer though," Micah told her in wonder.

"There's too many nobby things, and stuff, okay?"

"You just slide it in!"

"What if I break it, or put it in upside down, or put it in the wrong nobby thing!" Natalia argued.

Micah sighed, "You're making this much harder than it needs to be."

Natalia pushed her hair out of her face, "Yeah, well I have a tendency to do that."

"That you do. So speaking of things you make difficult, how are things with you and Adam? Still giving him blueballs?"

"I'll have you know mister," Natalia smirked, "that it was not I who gave him blueballs, it was you. Or do you not remember waltzing right on in on us?"

"Dammit" Micah groaned, "I was trying to forget about that. I almost forgot about it!"

Natalia laughed at her brother's pain, "Yeah, we're...better. We went on a date the other night."

"Did you?"

Natalia nodded, then remembering her brother couldn't see her she said aloud, "Yeah, and we have another planned, an in house date, for tonight. We're going to watch Forrest Gump."

"You're FINALLY watching it?"

"Hey, I said I'd watch it once I got moral support, you know those sweet movies always make me cry!"

"Natalia, you cry just during romcoms, you cried when we watched 'Dude, Where's My Car.'"

"Shut up, Micah! I just thought they would never find it, okay?"

Her brother laughed at her, "Yeah, sure, whatever you say Lea. Anyways, mom and dad will be glad to know you're no longer ignoring his existence and giving him a chance."

"Oh, crap, I haven't called them in a while," Natalia groaned.

"I know. You know why I know, because they always ask me if I heard from you, or if you were dead. They're giving me the guilt trip that is rightfully yours."

"Oh, hush, do you know how many guilt trips I've suffered from you? Do I need to bring up that night when you were fifteen?"

"C'mon, not that again, I said I was sorry a thousand times now!"

"I was grounded for two months for covering for you when you snuck out to go to a werewolf party two territories over, I will not let you forget about it. You almost died in that car crash, Micah!"She heard grumbling on the other end.