"Then lead the way, Your Grace." Those pink lips quirked up in a knowing smile as if knowing exactly what he was thinking. Then Annabeth took one step and pressed herself closer to his body. He shivered, not knowing if it was from the chill or from the shape of her figure curling against him. The lake water, although wetting every surface of her body, had not dampened the fresh lemon scent of her hair.

Damned vixen.

A barely inaudible growl formed at the back of his throat. Percy could easily imagine those pink lips teasing at his ears, his jawline, the sides of his neck until they dipped deeper and lower. A low heat was beginning to build in between his thighs. He was tempted to wrap his arms around and pull her closer to him, just so she could feel exactly what he was doing to him.

But now was not the time for that. Think with your head, he reprimanded himself. No, not that head. Regrettably, he had to take a step back to take a fresh breath of air.

Soon, they were bundled into the carriage and off to his small residence. Percy called his servants for fresh tea and a hot bath.

"Did you just buy this house?" Annabeth looked around, curiously inspecting the architecture. He could almost sense the inner workings of her mind, redesigning the mansion to greater heights.

"It was a gift of the Imperial Family." As a citizen of the Atlantis Empire, Percy had no land here in the Olympus Kingdom. But as the ambassador from Atlantis and a reward in fighting alongside the Olympus Kingdom, he had received a house as a gift of good faith, though the house was actually more of a mansion. Jason's influence, no doubt.

He much preferred having his own house compared to having a wing of his own in the palace where unmarried noblewomen lurked to jump at their prey. Really, they were scarier than being on the battlefield.

Thirty minutes later, they sat in the sitting room sipping on delicious, hot tea with freshly baked cookies. She was wearing a borrowed maid's uniform underneath his military overcoat as he had no other women's clothing to offer. Distractedly, Percy thought she looked quite good in the blue of his uniform, just like she had looked like a fairy dressed in blue the first night he had met her. Her blonde hair was loose over the shoulders, a nice contrast to the blue.

"Mmm, this is nice. Blueberry? With green tea and pomegranate?" Annabeth delicately sniffed the warm aroma.

"My mother made the mix and sent it from the Atlantis Empire. She's been getting into tea quite recently."

Annabeth took another content sip. "Your mother is an excellent tea brewer."

Percy thought he detected just a hint of wistfulness in her voice. Ah, yes. He recalled that Annabeth had lost her mother when she was only seven.

"By the way, Your Grace. It seems like engagement party is heading our way. I know, I know." She smirked at his pained expression of yet another boring ass ball. "His Highness and Duchess Piper, which to the surprise of nobody, are planning to officially announce their engagement in the next two weeks or so."

"Ah, I was beginning to think he would never have the guts to ask her."

Annabeth set down her teacup and paused, as if gathering her breath. "I was wondering...since I don't want to face another bout of suitors..." Her voice trailed off as pink roses started blooming on her cheeks.

He hid his smile behind his cup. Sometimes it was entertaining to play the oblivious card. "What is it, Lady Annabeth? I'm afraid I can't quite hear you. You're going to have to speak louder."

She pouted her pink lips. "You're impossible, Your Grace."

"Am I? So I've been told."

And that was how he ended up escorting her to the newest Imperial engagement party.