Three Friends(?) Chilling In a Closet

KRIS POV:

Kris entered the classroom, their eyes scanning the room full of their classmates.

"Oh... K-Kris...!" Alphys interrupted herself from what she was previously saying and looked to the brown haired teenager. "We thought you weren't coming today! We're doing group projects this month.."

They stared at her, it was hard to tell what they were expressing through their bangs.

"Uhhhh... So, walk around and find a partner, ok?"

They nodded, barely moving their head when they did so. Kris walked to the desk in front of theirs as the class continued with other conversations. They looked down at you, watching for a moment as you slept.

It was usual for you to sleep in class. Well. At least for a few minutes. You had a routine of arriving extra early in class only to fall asleep at your desk. Alphys, being too intimidated by your grouchiness when you woke up, bestowed the lovely privilege of that to Kris. They would arrive and wait until the classroom filled up then they would kick the legs of your chair. It didn't take much to wake you up.

They shook your arm gently, wary for no particular reason. You were always a bit odd to them. But they couldn't be one to talk.

You groaned, stirring from your rest. Rubbing your eyes and stretching your arms as you slid down in your chair, you looked up at them. An instinctive glare began to form on your face but it was replaced with a look of surprise.

Looking around, you slowly put the pieces together. Or at least that's what Kris assumed you were doing.

"I thought the amount of sleeping I was getting was suspicious." You mumbled as you sat up properly. You rested your head in your hands as you lazily smiled at them. "What's up?"

He gestured to themself then to you.

You nodded and yawned into your hand. After glancing around the room at the other students again, you looked back at them. "Gotcha. I think."

Despite being seen as exhausted all the time, you were rather smart. You could pull your own weight in a project but you always managed to make them nervous with your heavy procrastination.

They took their seat behind you.

You turned around in your chair and gave them a small nod. "Thanks for waking me up again."

Another part of your routine was thanking them. They didn't know why, since it was never a big deal to them. But you made it a point that you appreciated it.

When you turned back around, the classroom door was slammed open.

Susie stood in the doorway, looking into the classroom with a deadpan.

"H... Hi. Susie." Alphys voice came out in a meek whisper.

Kris could hear you giggle as you leaned forward in your seat.

The purple girl stepped forward into the classroom. "...Am I late?"

"Ohh, n-no! You're fine! W-we we're just, uh... Ch-Choosing partners for the next group project and... Uhmm, Susie you're with them!"

Alphys gestured towards you and Kris, the first group of people she laid her eyes on. You nodded and waved your hand at Susie.

Kris didn't respond in anyway. They were somewhat relieved she was partnered with themself and you. This way, Susie wouldn't have to push around some other poor souls. You were very casual with the angry girl and never took anything she said too seriously. Most of the time anyways. They remembered seeing you two arguing in the parking lot once. And Kris? Well. They found it easier to just not care.