Happy (late) Valentines!

!!Not canon just for lolsies!!

You were walking back home from school to the grocery store. Papyrus had asked you to help him with the Valentine's Day decor for the store, and so you went. You needed the money, and he was fun company to be around. Phone in hand, you were scrolling through the UnderNet.

Alphys posted a mirror selfie of herself in a very cute outfit. With a second glance, you frowned, recognizing the outfit from mew-mew kissy cutie. You knew because you binged the show with her one day when she was babysitting you. The caption had a yellow and blue heart. It was so cute that you were going to throw up on everything.

Napstablook had posted a ghost sandwich in the shape of a heart. The caption read 'happy valentines..............'. You liked the photo.

More posts referencing Valentines came up on your feed. Mettaton was doing a Valentine's special that was airing late at night. Probably for age rating reasons, but you'd tune in anyways. His shows were always melodramatic and loud. That was the fun of it. Undyne had a video of her throwing spears at a box of chocolates. Asgore had a promotional photo for bouquets. Kids at school had photos of themselves on dates at the diner.

Even Toriel who had only had the UnderNet for a few days, had posted a heart-shaped pie. It looked so good that you cried for the fact that Kris got to eat food like that on a daily basis. Speaking of Kris... You checked their profile but saw no posts from them. Oh well. They never posted much in the first place. Like Susie, they avoided being in pictures.

"Hey." Kris' voice called from next to you.

You glanced up from your phone. Kris seemed to come out of nowhere; you didn't hear their footsteps or anything of the sort. They did this so often that you didn't flinch as much as before.

"Hey." You nod with a smile. Your eyes drift to the small box in their hand.

Before you could silently ponder what it was, Kris spoke again.

"So... Did you get anything for Valentine's?"

You nodded, putting your phone away and slowing your pace. "Noelle gave me some cool pencils, MK gave me a chocolate bar, Temmie gave me cereal...? Berdly gave me, uh, notes for science class... And Sans got me ketchup filled chocolates. I gave those back though."

A shudder went through you. He called you crazy for snapping the chocolate before you ate it, but you learned to not trust any gifts from him.

"What about you?" You asked in return.

Kris shook his head. Despite knowing that they weren't the most popular, you were surprised that nobody got him anything.

"Well, I have a gift for you. But it's back at my place." You grimaced, forgetting all the gifts at home. You stayed up late with your mom watching sad romance movies. That had you waking up late and more forgetful than usual. "Wanna come over? Well, maybe a bit later, 'cuz I got work."

Kris didn't respond for a second. They heard you but stayed quiet as they thought about it for a moment.

You two stood quietly as you waited for the cars to stop zooming by so you could cross the road.

"Sure." They answered, a small smile on their lips.

"Sick," You grin, patting their back quite roughly as you both crossed the road. "You can teach me how to play that skateboard game later too."

"Mhm."

When you made it to the other side, you stopped. "Do you need me to walk you the rest of the way?"