Avan sighed, “The more I hang out with you, the more I realize that I’m going to fail school” I snorted, oh please, I checked out that boys’ student file, I’m sure his A’s will make him pass. Just so you know, it was Maya’s idea…I just went along with it.

“Yeah…fail” I mentally giggled as we walked in school. We got to the office and waited for the lady to give us our late passes, she didn’t even ask for the reason but I’m pretty sure Mr Richardson will and so I came up with the perfect excuse.

I knocked on the Biology door and then walked in with Avan trailing behind me. “Miss Swan and Mr Jackson” he practically spat out our names “So glad you came.” I did not appreciate his sarcasm, I should get his ass fired but then I think back to all the times we had together, where I accidentally blew up the class or when I stepped on his pants and it ripped.

I couldn’t do that to Mr Richardson, he’s like my second entertainment. “Sorry about that, Avan got us lost.” Next to me, Avan smacked his forehead and the class laughed. Smiling, I placed out passes on the desk “Men, they will never ask for directions. They think they know everything.” I shook my head while some of the girls giggled.

I pulled Avan to the back and sat down, I was determined to pay extra attention in this class, I don’t know why but I had this sudden urge. My eyes were trained on the board; everything Richardson said went inside my brain.

It was like I could actually understand what he was saying, I suddenly started to cry, my eyes were watering and little sobs escaped my lips. “Ciara, hey are you okay?” Avan face softened as he placed a hand on my knee. “Avan” I whimpered I turned my head to him.

“What is it?” he pulled my chair closer to him and wrapped his arms around my waist. “I…” I tried to speak but I chocked on a sob instead. “Take a deep breath and let it out” I did what he said and inhaled and exhaled. “I-I can finally understand Biology…it’s a very beautiful moment for me.”

Avan paused for a moment and he then smiled and shook his head, and then instead of fighting it…he went along with me “Yes it is, we must treasure this moment and let it forever be in our hearts.”

…WTF?

I just stared at Avan and then my eyebrows furrowed “Avan, are you sure you’re not the one who drank the energy drink and now doesn’t know what he’s talking about” Avan’s face fell “There is no pleasing you.” he turned his attention back to the front.

“Good try” I pity pat his shoulder “But leave the weirdness to me amateur.” I went back to understanding biology when I suddenly felt something crawling on my leg. “Avan, get your hand of my leg” I hit him on his arm; he winced and muttered angrily while rubbing the spot where I hit him. “I don’t have my hand on your leg”

The thing kept moving up my leg and my brows furrowed “Avan…” if he doesn’t have his hand on my leg…then what’s touching me? “Hmm” I turned my stiff head to Avan and then something caught my eye, looking past Avan my eyes went to the empty container…that usually held the school’s tarantula.

Mummy…  

“Avan” I silently squeaked, my voice was cracking as the thing got closer to my thigh. I couldn’t even look down at it for fear that it was real. “What” he asked not so nicely. I tried to control my breathing and heart rate, my body sat still as the thing stopped on my mid thigh of my left leg. “Wh-…What do you do…” I gulped “if a tarantula is crawling up your leg?” I rushed through my words because it started to move again.

“What?” he asked bewildered “I swear Ciara if this is another of-“

“There’s a freaking spider-zilla on my leg, why the hell would I lie about something like that!” I spat at him when the spider moved on to rest on my hand. I could see its black beady eyes and fang and oh God, I feel faint!