"i thought someone had entered our apartment." jisung declared, making his trident disappear.

"no, it's just me." mark announced.

"what are you doing?" jisung raised a brow, curious about what mark was doing outside their apartment.

"i need to run an errand." he explained simply.

"at midnight?" jisung snorted.

"when we were searching for the apartment, i saw this store, opened all night long." mark told. "i need to go there."

"okay..." jisung nodded before closing the door behind his back.

"and what are you doing?" it was mark's turn to raise a brow. "going out too?"

"i'm going to visit my mother." jisung explained. "she works nightshifts at the louvre."

"oh, okay." mark nodded.

both boys took the lift together to go down to the ground floor.

once there, they walked to the heavy door together, opening it without nay problem.

"see you." jisung declared.

"yeah." mark nodded as they parted ways.

Ω

jisung tiptoed inside the art gallery, searching for the ancient greece zone inside this giant museum.

he had managed to enter by the water canalisations – being poseidon's son meant that you could liquefy yourself and travel fast through water, making it easy to enter anywhere.

jisung looked at his surroundings, admiring the different paintings he could see on the walls.

it was a privilege to be able to visit this very renowned museum alone, and for free.

after fifteen minutes of active search, jisung found himself in front of a big door on which was written an inscription in greek letters.

his demigod abilities allowed him to understand immediately that he had found what he was searching for.

he walked inside, smiling as he saw some light a few meters away from him.

he took slow steps towards the light, his eyes watering as he saw his mother, bent over a table with a magnifying glass in hand as she was studying a piece of art.

jisung approached her carefully, but his shoes making noise against the marbled floor, catching the attention of the woman who almost let out a scream of panic at the view of the adolescent.

"h-huh... excuse me... the museum is closed." she said, placing her magnifying glass on the table.

jisung didn't answer, he stayed on his spot, looking at her.

"how did you get in?" his mother asked again.

jisung understood that she hadn't recognised him.

but who could he blame, they hadn't seen each other for years...

jisung smiled, snapping his fingers as water appeared in the crook of his palm, then moving around until it materialized jisung's trident.

and this was enough for the woman to understand who was standing in front of her, and how he had gotten in.

"j-jisung!" she gasped before running and tackling her son in a hug.