Chapter 3 - Seventh Prince

Luo Mingli was stunned for a moment seeing the man. The aura he exuded was very oppressive and powerful.

The man in front of him was a cultivator, and a very powerful one at that.

Adjusting himself very quickly, Luo Mingli had a calm expression on his face but his face visibly paled due to the aura around the man.

His grip on the dagger weakened a bit but it didn't stop the spell from continuing.

Hearing no answer from Luo Mingli, the man opened his mouth again, but this time, his voice contained some satire. "Are you trying to kill yourself?"

There was a piercing stare from the black and red-robed man, it was enough to make you tremble down to the knees and submit.

However, this did not have any effect on Luo Mingli. "Yes and no."

Luo Mingli didn't know who this man was, even looking back on his memories, there was no appearance of such a handsome and powerful man. And the arrogance and power to be able to come in wantonly into the wedding chamber of someone who's getting married.

There was only one person it could be, the seventh Prince.

Hearing such an answer, the seventh Prince was actually amused.

He found the chair by the table and made his way to sit down. Once he sat down, he crossed his legs and raised his brow. "So you're unwilling to kill yourself?"

Luo Mingli didn't answer. He couldn't really answer as his strength was weakening and if he didn't concentrate, then he really would end up unwillingly killing himself.

With no other choice, he turned his head to the seventh prince who was leisurely sipping tea and uttered straightforwardly. "There is a spell on me that forces me to commit suicide."

The Seventh Prince set the cup down and there was a cold smile on his face. "So you don't want to kill yourself?"

"Why would I?" He asked back, unafraid.

"You're going to be marrying the seventh Prince. Are you not afraid?" The seventh prince's voice was indifferent but he was actually watching Luo Mingli's every reaction.

There was no change on his face, Luo Mingli was still calm and there was even some indifference.

"No. If I was to kill myself just for that, I would've long since killed myself just from hunger."

There was a flash in the Seventh prince's eyes and he stood up abruptly and knocked the dagger out from Luo Mingli's hands. Then, he swiped his fingers across his neck and the spell binding Luo Mingli's body was broken.

After that, his body relaxed and some colour finally returned to his face.

"Thank you Your highness the seventh Prince."

The seventh Prince raised his brow and there was a small smirk on his face, it was incredibly arrogant looking.

"Now that I've helped you, you owe me."

"Naturally." Luo Mingli's reply was natural.

"What if I want your life?" His hand grasped Luo Mingli's neck and if he applied some pressure, his head would easily explode.

The seventh Prince thought that his face would change, even for a bit and maybe he would start begging on his knees to let him go. However, it was a bit of a shame to see Luo Mingli impassive, as if he was not the one who had just been threatened.

There was no fear in his eyes at all, and his voice was weak but there was undoubted firmness. "Since your highness has saved this one's life, I assume your highness wouldn't be willing to destroy it so quickly? Or else you would have just wasted your time."

With those words, the Seventh Prince had a mild look of surprise but it changed into an indifferent smile. He released his grip and said." Welcome my wife. I am the seventh Prince, Rong Yuhang. "

And with that, he waved his sleeves and turned around." Let's see how long you can live with me."

With those last words, he left the room and the doors closed shut afterwards.

Luo Mingli sighed.

After this encounter, Luo Mingli knew where and who he was now.

He was inside one of the novels his master made him read. The novel was called 'Immortal's Journey To Greatness' and as the title implies, the story was about a protagonist who starts on a journey full of obstacles and adversaries and overcoming all trials to become a god or something.

And the body he was in was not named. However, it didn't mean he wasn't important in some aspect.

Turns out, the seventh Prince who he saw just now was a villain who went against the protagonist in the story while he, a no-named character, had committed suicide on the day of his marriage to the seventh Prince.

After his death, the seventh prince's reputation had increasingly worsened (not that it wasn't already) and he didn't even take a look at who his wife was because he disdained and found it humiliating that a lowly servant became his wife.

It was clearly a slap to his face!

So when he died, the seventh Prince called people to clean up his body, not even once taking a look. That was his own ending.

"... What a pitiful body." Luo Mingli knew that his life would be difficult, but to think that this body had died so unjustly, and at the age of 16.

As for the seventh prince's reputation, he was known for being brutal and cruel. When he killed people and servants, he would dismantle their limbs and crush them until their bodies turned into a pile of mush.

And if he was in a bad mood, he would directly explode their body and let it splatter everywhere or straight up cut their head apart and crush it until their brain juices overflowed.

Overall, every death was a piece of horrifying artwork that would give you nightmares for weeks on end.

Luo Mingli was completely indifferent to such a thing. He had done worse, such as slow torture that would make people he caught wish for death than continue living.

Although his methods were cleaner and low-key since he decided to protect his clean reputation as a gentle and refined person who had a good temperament.

For him, it felt really good to play the pig when he was actually a dragon swallowing the tiger.

_________