"Diala," Aire started. "Can you tell us more about the creature? And is it really impossible to kill?" Dune wondered that as well. Whatever this thing is, would they be able to kill it? If so, how?

       Diala rubbed her shoulder and looked at the wall. "Ok, so I over exaggerated that part. It can be defeated, but even Igiris didn't stand a chance."

       "But what is 'It' called?" Dune said, joining the conversation. 

       "Sar'Hingaro," she said, shivering at the name. Even Dune felt like there were cantapodies crawling over her scales. She looked over at Aire, and she was either not scared at all, or doing a really good job of hiding it.

       Dune felt like they were being watched, and looked outside the cave. She didn't see anyone, but she thought she heard muttering and claws scraping the sandstone, almost as if they were trying to stay hidden. 

       "Can you describe what Sar'Hingaro is and anything about it that we should know? Maybe about the Daimona dimension?"

       "Sure," Diala said, shifting around to sit comfortably. "Sar'Hingaro was a three headed wyvern-like creature, well armored too. He used to be just another creature in Sonaria, until his hunger for power grew drastically. He would wipe out many creatures as tiers one and two. But when his power grew, he started to kill tier threes, and fours, and when he began to easily kill tier fives, that's when us anies had to do something."

       "We lured the Sar'Hingaro to the hot springs across this land, where there was no desert or oasis. We opened the portal to Daimona, and because of us, the hemokai species came to Sonaria, while the vaccuum of the portal sucked Sar'Hingaro into the new world. We only got a glimpse of the dimension. A wasteland of death, skeletons everywhere, and what seemed to be khemadores and yeba'idies roaming around. We think the khemadores joined the hemokais in escape while the yeba'idies stayed in their land of death."

       "It seemed like a terrible place to live, but we had no choice. Once Sar'Hingaro was locked in the dimension of Daimona, fled into our own dimension inside a crystal not so far away from where the portal once was." Diala shuddered and looked down at her paws. "I told Igiris about this, and he told Gher to never open the portal because Igiris knew he didn't stand a chance."

       Aire gave Dune an uneasy look, as if she knew her new role in Skeleton's Mesa wasn't going to last long. Dune was scared now. If Igiris didn't want to fight Sar'Hingaro because he was scared... then we'd all be nothing but oblivion. 

       "I need to think," Aire said. "Diala, you are dismissed." She got up and left the cave, her soft feline tail waving left and right. Now Dune and Aire were alone in the same place. Aire scooted closer to Dune and rested her head on her shoulder. Dune's heartbeat took off like a kemoti's wings, but she also knew that Aire was stressed, and so she stomped down her feelings for her.

       Dune wrapped her tail around Aire's and placed one of her claws on her talons. "Do you need to talk too?" Dune said, looking down at her friend. She had only been ruler of oasis for one hour, and she's already tired. 

       Aire nodded without moving her head off of Dune. "I just feel so unprepared for this, and it's my fault Gher escaped. He was right there within reach of me. I could have put him to sleep and ripped his throat out, but instead, I let him escape. Now he may or may not be looking for a way to unleash one of the most powerful creatures in Sonaria! It's all my fault..."

       "Hey, we can still fix this. We can find Gher and kill him and that'll be that," Dune said, trying to be reassuring.

       "But I have a whole oasis to rule, plus two tribes of different species to lead as well as my own kids. I can't leave the oasis. They need me, and I need you." Aire lifted her head to look at her. "I can't get through this on my own, Dune. You're my best friend, I need someone to talk to."

       "You got Pea, and then Cedar," Dune said. "Why not talk to them?" Dune hated the fact that she just suggested two other creatures to spend her time with. She felt a bit jealous at the thought of Aire hanging out with Pea, who Dune really despised. And Cedar was a murderer! She killed Igiris's two daughters, what if she killed Aire's two kids?

       Aire looked out of the cave to see Spruce and Caprea flying around with Obel and Nyme. Maybe Cedar's kids will protect them from their own mother, she thought. But Aire was her best friend, and she had to protect her, like her mother's last words were.

       Aire nodded and slid off of Dune's shoulder to lay down and rest. "Yeah, I guess," Aire mumbled. "But please, Dune. I want you to protect me from this."

       "I promise, I will." Dune said.

       "Thank you," Aire said before drifting off to sleep. Dune slowly lifted her claws off of her talons so she could leave the cave. 

       Dune walked out and looked at the sky. Vaumoras and astrothies and sochuries were flying around, most likely in search of Gher. She looked down to see some scavenging taurolystrises, ikorans, and doragonixes feasting off of Igiris's dead body. All of this, Aire needed to protect. And Dune had to protect her, but how?

       Finding Gher, Dune thought. If I can find Gher and kill him before he opens the portal, then I'll save Aire and her followers  and her kids, and everyone will be safe and I'll be a hero.

       She decided. Dune was going to roam Sonaria until she found Gher, then she was going to kill him and bring back his body. But she didn't have any time to waste.