Chapter 9

NOTES: It's another short and can only apologies it's taken so long to update…normally this wouldn't bother me but you guys have been so patience, I feel I owe it to you. Like I said, it's a short chapter but I hope you enjoy it.

The last hour really brought back Chica's confidence. She preheated the ovens and started mixing the dough. Mike watched in interest, he was really fascinated how fast Chica worked and in a manner of minutes, Chica made the base for the pizza. Chica got Mike involved as he smeared the tomato puree on the base. Chica chopped up some pepperoni while Mike created some cheese and at last they finished. The oven was ready and they popped the pizza in. Mike looked over to Chica, who looked back…and they both blushed but Chica more.

Later, all that was left on the plate was a few crumbs. Mike shoved the last pizza slice into his mouth, taking all the favours of the succulent pizza. He licked his fingers, nodded his head and sighed, while still chewing.

MIKE: Amazing. Simply amazing. (Chica smiled). That was the best pizza I've ever had.

CHICA: (Laughs) Oh shut up…

MIKE: No, really…hands up, that was the best pizza ever. This beats all the other pizza's out there. No one can cook a pizza better than you. That was gorgeous.

CHICA: You're just saying that.

MIKE: I mean it, Chica, I really do…you're a great cook.

CHICA: Well…I…I guess I'm ok…

MIKE: Don't be so down on yourself. You're a master chef. I watched you and you was flawless, quickest cook I've seen…I bet the kids loved this stuff.

CHICA: Yes…they did…

MIKE: (Checks his watch) Christ, is that the time? I better…get back to the office, do my last rounds and…go home.

CHICA: Must you…?

MIKE: I'm afraid so…

CHICA: You…you will come back, won't you?

MIKE: Of course I will, Chica…it's talking to you and being with you that makes the time fly by, wish I could stay longer…but hey, I'll be back again tonight…so don't worry…

CHICA: For once in my life…I'm not…I'm not worrying.

MIKE: That's good. (Sighs) Look, we don't have to talk about your past tonight, ok…if you don't want to…

CHICA: No, I want to. You've helped me so much…I get…better…every time I…(Blushes) see you…

MIKE: (Blushes as well) Uh…well, that's…alright. You're welcome. Look, I better go…

Mike gets up from the table, as does Chica. He puts his security hat on and wipes the crumbs off his shirt, while doing this Chica brings her face towards his and kisses him on the cheek. Mike pauses in surprise and looks at Chica, right into her beautiful eyes…she was blushing as was he…he then turns and kisses softy on Chica's beak, which was nice and warm to his surprise…he holds onto her hips, while she was about to wrap her hands around his shoulder, he pushed himself away from Chica, breaking the kiss…

MIKE: Chica…I'm…I-

CHICA: Oh God, I'm sorry…I'm so stupid…