Ch 39: The Strike Against Salem

No Pov

Ozpin's side charged the next day. At the beginning, everything was going as well as it could. The Atlesian team and Qrow completely drew away the Grimm, and the Beacon team got in undetected into an underground chamber. They found the hound with Summer in it, surrounded by small Grimm, Tyrian, and Hazel.

Y/N's Pov

Tyrian: "Not running this time?" He jumped at me and I drew him away from the others. I punched him and he was sent flying back outside. I went after him. 

His tail kept me on my toes, but I was still easily able to take him down. I realized we had a problem. Our plan had been for Ozpin to delay Salem, but he was occupied helping take down Hazel, and Salem was nowhere to be seen. He and Summer together were almost an even match for the others. I figured our side would win, but Salem was probably on her way right now.

The only way was to do what I had been hoping to avoid.

I went back down and went straight for Hazel. I gave him everything I had, hoping to finish him before Salem got here. He was almost done, until I saw Salem coming. 

The smaller Grimm were dead, and Hazel was almost done, so I teleported out and caved in the entrance with a wave of air dust. There was a hole big enough that they could still breath and had some light, but Salem wouldn't see them inside.

Yang: "What are you doing?"

Y/N: "Getting you all more time. She's here." I turned away. I felt the adrenaline coming on, allowing me to push my emotions down.

Yang: "Don't do this!"

Ruby: "Yang, come on. If we beat them faster we can help him!" I heard her reluctantly turn and go back to the battle. 

There was a reason I had decided not to tell anyone about this. They were all needed to stop Salem, I was just a powerhouse that could only give them time. This was it. What my entire life, all the years of battles and experience, and all the pain had been building to this.

I turned to Salem, who still hadn't noticed me because she wasn't sure where she was hearing the fighting from. I fired an air dust wave at her. It hit and she turned to me.

Salem: "Did you think that would hurt me?"

Y/N: "No." I sheathed my sword. "That was just to get your attention." She fired a rainbow colored stream of lightning at me, but I just teleported to the other side of the valley we were in. "Wow. If you were always that quick to act, you would've won by now."

Salem: "If you wanted to die, you could have simply asked." She sent what looked like tentacles of Grimm flesh at me, which I dodged again.

Y/N: "I think we both know I can't just do that."

Salem: "This is pointless. Nothing you have can kill me."

Y/N: "You're right, I can't. But I can do what I've been doing for over 10 years. I can hurt you." She hurled a massive boulder at me. I cut it in half with a single swing.

She hovered at high speed directly at me and tried to grab me with more of the Grimm tentacles. When that didn't work, she made hands come out of the ground to try to grab me, and I responded by teleporting into the air and diving into the ground, stunning her and breaking her attack. 

I pressed my advantage by drilling her until she tried to hit back, forcing me to dodge away and break off my attack. I fired dust waves of every kind at her in a effort to slow her down while I went in for another pass. She pulled back and fired more lightning at me and I had to repeatedly teleport to different locations around the battlefield until she finally let up.