Ch 22: The Game Resumes

No Pov

Salem and Raven had finally agreed on their deal. Raven would open the vault, Tyrian would take the lamp, Lionheart would say nothing, and in return Salem would let Raven go for now. After all, she only needed the Maiden to open the vault. She would prefer to have that power on her side, but she was willing to play the cards she was dealt. Ozpin had two other maidens, but one was old and dying with Cinder nearby and the other was a child.

It was spring now. Y/N was still stuck with Yang, and she was still having her way with him. He was starting to get used to it, but he still blushed up a storm when she got close to him. After their argument in the winter he finally decided that until something else came up, he would indulge her. They had finally admitted how much they cared about each other so it wasn't as awkward when she started showing affection in public.

Y/N's Pov

I was training with her and again I eventually came out on top. She was still improving, though.

Y/N: "That's good."

Yang: "You think so?"

Y/N: "Yes. I think you will be able to handle what Ozpin will inevitably put you through."

Yang: "What about when we face Adam?"

Y/N: "If it happens again, don't just rush in. Try to bait him into coming at you."

Yang: "What about if your dad shows up too?"

Y/N: "You let me deal with him. With his semblance he'd tear you apart. He has the same advantage I do, and even more experience."

Yang: "So are you going to just... Leave? When the year starts?"

Y/N: "Wherever they send me."

Yang: "You can't stay?"

Y/N: "Depends what our enemies try."

Yang: "Speaking of which, if you aren't here, you need to tell us the whole story."

Y/N: "I told Ozpin that. I don't know what he wants to do."

Yang: "Didn't you want to before?"

Y/N: "We mostly just needed your help. We were going to keep you on a need-to-know basis, at least, I think that's what Ozpin was thinking."

Yang: "Ok. I know you don't want us in danger, but thanks for trusting us."

Y/N: "I've just learned that you are as stubborn as me sometimes." We went inside and had lunch.

No Pov

Tyrian went with Raven and the Spring Maiden down into the vault. They had managed to find a time where most students would be out of their way. The got down there, Tyrian grabbed the relic, and left. No confrontation or betrayal. None was needed. Both sides got what they were after.

Raven: "Just make sure to keep your end."

Tyrian: "But of course. Your brother is one of our enemies anyway. You have our word."

Vernal: "Your word means nothing." He left by the elevator.

Raven: "His actions show he isn't lying, at least for now. Salem has no reason to betray us. Yet."

Vernal: "In any case, we should get back. We probably don't have much more time." They left.

At the same time, Watts was heading to Atlas. Salem had declared Cinder unworthy of any real power, but it had been decided that she could at least make a good distraction. He would be joined by Emerald and Mercury, and they would let Cinder out mostly just to cause havoc. Of course, Watts did not tell them that.