04. white lies

3:28 pm   

After finishing today's classes and saying goodbye to my friends. I went to my house. I quickly took my bike, enjoying the fact that my mother had not returned from work yet, because she had a lot of stains. When leaving again from home, I headed for a park at home only to go to a convenience store located behind the park. 

Looking in the aisles to see if there was something important to eat, as I did not know the convenience store very well. After a few seconds, I saw the corner filled with chocolate convenience stores near a park away from home to bike. I paid the cashier and left the convenience store.

As I did not know very well, because my mother was strict enough to the fact that I'm sorting if it's not for a school reason. I did not go out as only when I asked my father that I went out. My mother had noticed that I ate too much chocolate. Mother Hen, what she is. She started worrying and asked me to eat healthier food for my health. As she was diabetic, she was afraid that I catch her, for her mother had also had it. 

I can understand her fear and obsession that I had with chocolate. But what she did not know was that the chocolate calm me down. And it's not like I was addicted to nicotine or any kind of drugs. Even though I was not big, which was a miracle. Because I often ate chocolate. She might be afraid that I will become obese at a time or that I have respiratory problems in the future.

I went to a convenience store away from home, because the owner of the convenience store was the childhood friend of my dear mother. And as I know he has been in love with her since I do not know how many years. I know everything well that it will do everything to please it. He was not very discreet with his feelings, that's why I know the feelings he feels for my mother.

My Mother Cheyenne imposed me to eat, eat at least 2 fruits a day and 1 vegetable with. The fruit part was easier to do, because we had a market not far from us with full of fruit varieties. And there were several fruits that I loved. So, that at vegetables, it was more difficult, no fact that we had a garden filled with lots of vegetables. But because there were not many vegetables that I loved. 

After finishing eating the bars of chocolates bought, walking. I started riding a bike to burn high chocolate calories.

Explore this new territory by bike. After a few minutes of rolling, I saw a path of color, but as I approached my bicycle, I could notice that it was only a field filled with different kinds of roses. I hesitated to go through it as I don't necessarily know this place. Afraid of losing myself.

If I get lost how can I explain the situation to my mother?

It will be directly the reason for my coming here because of the convenience store not far from here!

After having several thoughts running through my brain. I was finally decided to take the path by looking at the time on my watch, so as not to arrive after my mother.

Walking for a while without even noticing because of the enchanting beauty of this place.

"Wow, that's gorgeous!. Admiring, the amazing field of flowers.

"It is ?!" A voice coming out of nowhere. Startled at the sound of the voice thinking I was alone, but I guess I wasn't. How long was the person there? Has she seen me from the start? Yes, her, because the voice sounded more feminine than masculine. Without wanting to upset the person of course.

"Sorry to come on your landlord." Turn around slowly without looking at the person's eyes. Afraid that I may have offended the person, I look down at my feet.

"No need to be sorry, I completely understand the reason for your coming, this place is really very beautiful, for real?"

Nodding at his words.

"No need to be afraid of me," she touched my jaw gently with her soft, gentle hands.

Lifting my head gently with her fingers, she looked deep into my eyes, "Nerida?"

"Yes, that's my name," she smiled at me, I hadn't recognized her angelic voice.

"I didn't know you lived here, of course, I didn't, we just met", stuttering. I haven't stuttered in front of anyone in a long time. I clapped my hands to my forehead. But what did I just say?

You're cute removing her hands from my face.

"Ah... Hum.. Thanks".I blush at her compliment. Usually I hate it when someone call me cute it's just weird. But I didn't have that strange feeling for her.

She didn't respond back only pointing at the me the sun that was starting to get tired. "Look the sun is going to another world."

"Oh shit, I need to go." If the sun was already going down that means my mom is soon gonna come back.

"Already?" She put a little bit.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I was not supposed to be here."

"I understand then bye," waving her hands at me while I'm climbing on my bike.

"Bye," waving back.

...

Finally, I'm home, I replace my back the same way it was before. Now I gotta take a shower to take all the sweat off me. Nobody is home now because my brother work at the same place as my dad and both of them came 1 hour after my mom.

While taking a shower I could already hear the noise of the car indicted my mom was already there.

...

My mom almost didn't notice anything. Almost because she notices a took a shower later than usually making her suspicious about it. I have to lie and tell her this because I was doing jogging.

She congratulated me for making a progress on my health she even hugged me. She doesn't usually show affection.

My brother and father came 30 minutes after both tired from work while my mom was cooking some dishes.

Little white lies won't hurt? Right?

End of the chapter

Sorry this one was kinda boring, barely got inspiration. I only write to not make y'all wait any longer.