𝐓𝐖𝐎

Venice

Venice

When we reached Gracie's house I hugged her before she walked into her house, I gave the driver my address and he was now taking me home, the side was silent and it made me tired.

Luckily the water he gave me helped me sober up just a bit, finally, he pulled up to my house and I smiled and thanked him which he returned with a slight nod.

Sighing I grab my keys and unlock the door to my front door, praying that my mom was asleep so she wouldn't hear me sneaking in the middle of the night.

Please be asleep

When I walk inside I notice that she's passed out on the couch with a bottle in her hand, sighing I walk over to her and grab the blanket on the floor pulling it over her.

My mothers an alcoholic, she has been one ever since my dad left a few years back, apparently, he came into some money and didn't think we deserved a penny of it, so he split.

I slowly pry the bottle out of her hands and set it on the glass coffee table, when I look back at her I notice her eyes are open as she stares at me my heart begins beating quickly. "Venice?" She asks softly.

I don't speak I just stare at her, I was too scared to speak my mother is bipolar so I could never predict how she would react, it's different every day sometimes she's depressed, other days she's very energetic, others she's just plain out mean.

"Oh Venice, my sweet girl, I love you so much." She slurs before she's out again, taking a deep breath I wipe the tear that fell, I tuck her into the blanket and kiss her forehead.

I love you, Mom, even on the days that you hate me the most.

I get up on my feet and walk upstairs into my room, I stare at myself in the mirror, the red hair that I inherited from my father was all in my face.

My dress was a tight sliver dress with long sleeves that ended just above my knees, I took the dress off all of my scars were now visible, my arms were scarred up pretty bad, and my eyes water at the memory.

**
"But why?." 14-year-old me cries as my mother kneels in front of me, I sit against the wall-hugging my knees as I cry.

She has a wide smile on her face. "I'm sorry for hurting you baby," she grabs one of my arms. "Now tell me what I asked you to do."

"I don't want to mom, I'm fine here with you."

"You'd be better off without me honey, now please... do it for mommy, please?" She begs and I nod tears streaming down my face. "Tell Mommy what you need to do."

"When I go to school I ask to speak to my counselor," my voice shakes as she grabs my arm holding a blade against it. "I tell her that I hurt myself," I say.

"Good job baby, you'll be safe away from me for a while okay? It won't be long." She tells me as she pierces my skin with the blade and I cry out loud in pain.