chapter 31- on my shoulder

Start from the beginning

as soon as we're finished eating, i go outside and start heading towards my car, but tommy grabs my arm and stops me from moving. i give him a skeptical look and he smiles.

"we're taking the bus," tommy says. i groan.

"the bus? why?" i ask.

"so the surprise isn't ruined. duh. if you're driving then you know where we're going, and it won't be a surprise anymore."

touché again.

aubrey, tubbo, and i keep our heads hanging down as we sit at the bus stop. tommy doesn't want us to see the bus and see where it's going.

he has this so well-planned out. i'm impressed.

after what feels like forever of staring at the concrete, the bus finally arrives. the three of us keep our heads down as we get on the bus, and tommy pushes us all inside.

as soon as we all take a seat in the semi-crowded bus, we are allowed to look up again.

the way everyone's jam packed into the bus makes it so we are all sitting very closely. i'm sitting next to a stranger and aubrey. i find myself scooting closer to aubrey every few minutes. maybe it's because the person next to me is drooling while they sleep. or maybe it's because i want to be closer to aubrey.

no.

don't think things like that.

remember what quackity texted her last night.

after about fifteen minutes of listening to music through my earbuds and scrolling through twitter, i feel a head hit my shoulder. i sigh, hoping the random person next to me doesn't drool all over my jacket, but then remember that they are on my left side. and there's a head on my right shoulder.

wait a minute.

holy sh-

aubrey's fast asleep, breathing steadily with her head resting on my shoulder.

is it possible for your heartbeat to be heard through your shoulder?

surely not for most people, but mine's beating so heavily i think it could be heard from any part of my body.

tommy, sitting on the other side of aubrey, is too busy vlogging with tubbo to even notice.

the next song plays on my phone, switching from arctic monkeys to paul anka.

put your head on my shoulder

hold me in your arms

baby, squeeze me oh-so-tight

show me that you love me too

i sigh. sweet, sweet irony. it's like this was written in the stars.

after a while, i feel someone punching my shoulder. i open my eyes, not even realizing i had closed them, let alone fallen asleep. i see tubbo's dark brown eyes a little too closely to me. i push his shoulder slightly, and see that both him and tommy are standing up.

"we're here," tommy says as he pokes aubrey in the cheek to wake her up. she swats his hand away as she goes to rub her eyes, then remembers she has makeup on and puts her hand down.

"was poking my face necessary?" she asks begrudgingly.

"dude," tommy sighs. "i tried shaking you, yelling at you, hitting you, poking your shoulder, poking your other shoulder. i almost pulled your hair. you're a heavy sleeper."

"i had earbuds in," aubrey says as she takes her head off my shoulder, removes her earbuds, and stands up.

my shoulder feels so light and bare now.

"what were you listening to?"

"um..." aubrey checks her phone. "twilight soundtrack..."

"weirdo." tommy scoffs. "get up, lazybur. we gotta get going."

i roll my eyes at the nickname and stand up. as soon as the four of us exit the bus, we walk a little bit, tommy vlogging the whole thing and giggling maniacally.

then, we finally arrive, and our eyes pop out of our heads.

"UNIVERSAL STUDIOS?!" aubrey, tubbo, and i all shout. 

(A/N SURPRISE!!!!! it's time for harry potter world baby i'm so excited <33 i think most of you saw that coming, with all the matching harry potter gear and all, but please for my dignity pretend to be shocked HAHAHAH. and as always i hope you enjoyed this chapter!! if you did, i would appreciate it a lot if you could vote, comment, share, and add this to your reading lists! as every single mcyt would say, it's free and helps me out a bunch :D i love you all so so so much!! have the best day ever *gives you fat kiss on the forehead*)