chapter 6- build mart

wilbur's pov

tommy, tubbo, aubrey and i all head inside of the championship dome and take our place in the lime container. we wait anxiously to see what game is first, and it ends up being build mart.

"oh fuck," tommy says.

"oh shit," tubbo says.

"oh bitch," i say.

"oh... uh... no?" aubrey says awkwardly. we all laugh.

"aubrey, do you know how to play this?" i ask.

"um... if i say no will you guys kill me?"

"no."

"then no." i smile.

"it's pretty simple. we all have... blue prints sorta. of things we build. we all go out and collect blocks, then make our build."

"oh. sounds easy enough."

"well..." tommy says.

"don't scare her," tubbo warns. "it's good that this is first. we're getting it out of the way." i hum in agreement.

the game starts, and aubrey and i head out to collect items while tommy and tubbo tell us what we need. after a minute, they head out to collect items as well.

"aubrey," i call out to her. "get in my minecart. we can collect stuff together."

"alrighty," she says. her character gets in my minecart and we slide along the floor until we fall through a gap in the floor.

"WILBUR!" she shouts. "what did you do?" i laugh.

"the... um... floor does that sometimes..." i say, scratching the back of my head.

"aubrey you GOTTA know better than to get into a minecart with wilbur," tommy says. i can practically hear him roll his eyes. the two of us respawn and she learns her lesson, getting into her own minecart and zooming off to get her own stuff.

after a few minutes, we're making decent progress. we're close to completing one of the builds. we have a few more slip ups (which includes us just falling through the floor) but the round eventually ends.

"we're in tenth!" aubrey exclaims excitedly. "top ten! let's go!"

"um... aubrey..." tommy starts.

"don't say it," i warn.

"tenth is last." i roll my eyes at tommy ignoring my warning. aubrey lets out a sigh and i can tell her mood instantly drops.

"oh," she says. i offer a light hearted laugh.

"it's alright!" tubbo says enthusiastically. "we are still going to win! it's only the first game, after all."

"that's true. we can't give up yet," aubrey says, determination taking over the disappointment in her voice.

we head to a waiting arena for the next game. while there, our whole team stands together and niki walks up to us, hitting our characters and crouching, probably trying to say hi. tommy, tubbo, and i crouch back, but aubrey stands there in confusion.

"who's that?" she asks.

"nihachu," tommy answers quickly. "wilbur's ex-girlfriend!" i groan.

"she was never my girlfriend, tommy. stop that," i scold.

"hello," niki's soft voice rings as she joins our vc. she draws out the "o."

"hey niki!" tubbo says.

"hi tubbo! how are you?"

"i'm good, have you met aubrey yet?" niki's character turns to face aubrey.

"i believe i haven't." niki walks her character over to aubrey and hits her. "i'm niki, nice to meet you!"

"hi niki, i'm aubrey. it's nice to meet you too," aubrey says sweetly.

"this is wilbur's new GIRLFRIEND," tommy says in a deep, sarcastic voice. "he's talking to this GIRL, niki nihachu." niki sighs.

"honestly tommy, why do you always tell me when wilbur's talking to a girl?" niki asks in disbelief.

"because i want you to be jealous!"

"i'm not jealous. will is my friend. if aubrey makes him happy, that's awesome and i'm very happy for both of them." i smile.

"uhh, well, wilbur and i aren't dating," aubrey says with a laugh. niki gasps.

"oh! sorry then. why are you making up rumors, tommy?"

"i am not. they're just in denial," the smug boy responds.

"in denial of... their relationship status?"

"yeah. sort of. they're in denial of their feelings for each other." tommy's character jumps around and punches the air.

"that's... an interesting theory." niki laughs. "nonetheless, the next round is about to start, so i gotta get back to the purple pandas vc. i'll talk to you all later, though. bye guys! and it was nice meeting you, aubrey!"

"see ya later, niki!" tubbo says.

"nice meeting you too!" aubrey exclaims. niki leaves the vc.

"what the hell was that?" aubrey and i both say at the same time. my face turns slightly flushed at our synchronization.

"woah, that was cool. do you guys have telepathy?" tubbo asks.

"yes," we both say at the same time again. aubrey and i burst into laughter.

"this is weird. i don't like this," tommy says.

"i don't care," our synced voices say.

(A/N Y'ALL I'M SO SORRY THIS IS SUCH A DELAYED CHAPTER i didn't have my laptop so i couldn't publish anything BUT I'M BACK! i'm releasing another chapter right after this one to make up for the delay in chapters </3 i hope you guys still enjoyed and this chapter was at least somewhat worth the wait LOL, please vote, comment, share, and add this to your reading lists! that would be really cool :] i love you all so much and i hope you have an amazing day!)