5 6

YEAR SEVEN, CHAPTER FIFTY SIX

THE UNBREAKABLE BOND OF FRIENDSHIP
__________________________________

Francesca spent a month getting her life back on track. One month of being put on medication only to find out it's the wrong medication... again. It took a few weeks but the doctors finally got it right.

Francesca felt content with her progress and was happy to be leaving St Mungo's and see her father one last time before Hogwarts went back.

"Are you sure you want to go back Fran?" Amos asked as they stood on platform 9 and 3/4. "It's a dangerous world out there now. If you don't want to go back you can stay here," Amos said.

"I want to go back," Francesca responded. "I want to graduate. I won't let anything stop me from graduating. I've worked so hard," Francesca said.

"Of course, but if at any time you want to come home just send me an Owl," Amos said.

Francesca nodded, hugging him tightly. "Of course, i'll be fine," Francesca replied.

Francesca said goodbye to her father and boarded the Hogwarts Express. This year already felt different with Draco being gone, but Francesca pushed that to the back of her mind. She didn't want to spiral back into a pit darkness after all the help she had just received.

Francesca spotted Pansy entering a compartment and she smiled, quickly walking over to where her best friend was.

Francesca hugged the raven haired girl tightly and Pansy sighed in relief at the familiar feeling.

"Francesca, I truly thought you weren't coming back!" Pansy exclaimed in excitement.

"Of course i'd come back," Francesca said.

Pansy pulled away from the hug, looking her friend up and down. "You look amazing, Fran," Pansy smiled. Francesca thanked her and they sat down together.

Pansy had visited Francesca at St Mungo's and she couldn't believe how sick her friend looked. It made Pansy fear for Francesca's life, and seeing how healthy she looked now was the biggest relief.

Francesca looked at her friends as they all spoke and laughed amongst each other. She was grateful to be here with all of them in this moment.

Tracey and Daphne, sat close together, Daphne's legs were propped on top of Tracey's. Crabbe and Goyle were sharing snacks, Millicent was holding Crabbe's hand. Blaise was laughing loudly sharing a joke with the group and Pansy was resting her head on Francesca's shoulder.

"Do you think things will be different this year?" Daphne asked.

The compartment went silent, everyone got lost in their own thoughts about what Hogwarts would be like now.

"I think so," Millicent said.

"Everything is going to come to blows this year. I can feel it," Blaise said.

"I have a constant feeling of dread in my stomach," Daphne said. Tracey placed her hand on top of Daphne's, holding it tight.

Francesca watched the couple, sadness washing over her. She wished that Draco was here to comfort her, make her feel secure when she was scared. Francesca sighed, pushing those thoughts aside.

"We'll all make it through," Francesca said, smiling at her friends.

"I agree. We have the upper hand. We're Slytherin's," Pansy shrugged. "Everyone automatically assumes that we're evil. Besides we have each other and that's all we need," Pansy said.

"Well said Pans," Blaise said. "Once this war is over, no matter who wins, we'll all have each other's backs."