0 5

YEAR TWO, CHAPTER FIVE

A DARE
__________________________________

This time a year ago Francesca Diggory was afraid of boarding the Hogwarts Express. But this year she felt much more confident, she said goodbye to her parents and didn't look back.

She ditched Cedric and found her friends all crammed inside of one compartment. Pansy stood up, giving her best friend a hug.

"I missed you Fran!" Pansy gasped.

"I missed you too," Francesca smiled, hugging her back before taking a seat next to Blaise Zabini and Draco.

The train ride to Hogwarts this year was filled with chatter and laughter and once they arrived back at the castle Francesca felt at home.

They sat through the Sorting Ceremony, ate dinner and then headed back to the Common Room where they talked for a few hours before a prefect told them to get to bed.

The five girls sat in their dorm, talking and gossiping.

"I must confess something," Pansy said, the room fell silent all eyes on the raven haired girl. She sighed, glancing at her friends.

"Well, what is it?" Tracey asked.

"I think I might fancy Draco," she confessed, cheeks burning red as she looked down at her fingers.

"Fancy Draco? Pansy you're only 13," Tracey said, her face screwed up.

"So? I can still fancy people Tracey," Pansy sneered, regretting ever telling her friends her secret.

"I think it's cute, you and Draco would look good together," Francesca smiled at her best friend, wrapping a supportive arm around her shoulders. Pansy leaned into her embrace with a smile.

"I agree with Fran," Daphne said.

"I wasn't trying to be mean Pansy, all I meant by it is you have the rest of your life to fancy boys. We should be focusing on us girls," Tracey began. "Building strong unbreakable friendships before we grow up and start serious dating," Tracey explained.

"I understand that, it's only a crush anyway... I don't think my feelings are reciprocated," Pansy shrugged.

"Have you asked?" Millicent suggested.

"No!" Pansy exclaimed. "I could never ask! What if I got rejected, how embarrassing," Pansy said, putting her head in her hands.

"You could always pretend it was a dare," Francesca suggested. Pansy gave her a confused look. "Just tell him how you feel and if he doesn't react how you wanted him too tell him it was for a dare," Francesca said.

The girls broke out into chatter, talking over each other to tell Pansy that it was a good idea. Except for Tracey who was staying true to her first comment about Pansy's crush.

"I like that idea, Fran!" Pansy said with a smile.