2 4

YEAR FOUR, CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

CEDRIC'S VICTORY
__________________________________

Francesca didn't have any memories from when she was petrified, she only came too when she was at the surface of the water with Cedric carrying her in his arms.

"You did it?!" She exclaimed, swimming to the bank, as Hogwarts students cheered. A towel was wrapped around Francesca and she grinned at Cedric. "You won!" She laughed, hugging her brother tightly.

"I wasn't expecting to see you under the water," Cedric said, hugging her back. Cho Chang interrupted them and Cedric let go to hug her.

Francesca made her way through the crowd, her Slytherin robes sticking uncomfortably to her legs as she walked.

"Fran!" Pansy yelled, running over to her friend. "Merlin, you were under water all night?" She asked, her eyes wide. Francesca nodded.

Francesca handed her towel to Pansy and took her wet robe off, dropping it to the ground and placing her towel over her again.

"So gross," Francesca said, picking up her robe.

Theodore walked up to his girlfriend. "I was worried about you," he said, hugging her.

Francesca furrowed her eyebrows, staring up at him. "Thanks," she muttered.

"I'm sorry about the Yule Ball, I should have danced with you and only you," Theodore sighed. Francesca smiled and with that she forgave him.

Pansy wanted to slap some sense into Francesca, but instead she walked away, leaving the couple to themselves.

The challenge ended and Dumbledore got everyone's attention to announce the winner.

"The winner is... Mr Diggory!" Dumbledore called. The crowd cheered and applauded. Theodore wrapped an arm around Francesca.

"For showing unique command of the bubblehead shark. The way I see it, Mr Potter would have finished first had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mr Weasly but the others as well," Dumbledore said. "We've agreed to award him second place! For outstanding moral fibre." Everyone cheered again, including Francesca.

"Don't cheer for Potter," Theodore said.

"Oh come on Theo, it's better than Fleur or Viktor winning. Hogwarts came first and second," she smiled, leaning into him.