chapter ten .·:*¨༺ favourite crime

"
but i say that i
hate you with a
smile on my face.
"

[y/n's pov]

I began to feel separation anxiety from Miles. I hadn't spoken much to him for almost two days.

Right now, I was staring at Flora but I wasn't really in the room. Not subconsciously.

"Y/N? Y/N!" Flora caught my attention.

"Sorry little missy, I was daydreaming." I replied, quickly wanting to continue with the lesson.

"About what?" She asked, smirking.

Damn.

"Oh nothing, let's get on, shall we?"

"Were you thinking about Miles?" She said his name in a sing-song voice.

"Don't be silly, come on now." I blushed nervously and laughed.

She giggled before getting back to work. I leant over her shoulder to see how she was doing. By lunchtime, she had finished her drawing. It was of me, her, Miles and Mrs Grose standing in front of the manor.

Flora and Mrs Grose were holding hands. Then I diverted my eyes to see me and Miles holding hands and there was a large red heart drawn between us.

"Flora, why have you drawn a heart between Miles and I?" I ask slyly.

"Because you two love each other!" She laughs.

"Don't say such things Flora!" I whisper discreetly but laugh along with her anyways.

We make our way to lunch. We finish quickly and are allowed to go outside.

"Hey Flora, you and Miles ever use the pool?"

"We would but it's dirty and no one ever cleans it." She frowns, staring at the water with a melancholy expression.

"I can clean it if you'd like." I smile.

"Really? Oh that would be so cool! Surely it'd be a crime to make you clean when you're not a cleaner though."

"Well, in that case, that would be my favourite crime." I laugh.

"Can we get in soon?"

"Yeah, give me a few hours to clean though." I chuckle.

And I stuck to my word.

By 5pm, I had raked the leaves out the water, cleaned the inside ceramics and put cleaning chemicals in the pool.

It looked spotless in my opinion.

When I showed Flora, she was so excited.

"It looks good as new!" She exclaimed.

We laughed and went to change into swimming costumes.

I wore a pretty sage green two-part costume. I made my way to my bedroom door with my towel in my hand but I got self conscious of my body.

 I made my way to my bedroom door with my towel in my hand but I got self conscious of my body

I decided to wear an oversized shirt on top. It was almost the same colour as the costume. It worked well, at least Flora thought so.

"Y/N you look very pretty!" She said happily as she sat, splashing her legs in the pool.

"Thank you! It's a very hot day isn't it?" I said, squinting at the sun that was beaming down at us.

I laid my towel on the grass and got in the pool, my shirt growing into a darker colour because of the water.

"Your shirt is so cool! I want one." Flora said, pouting.

"Well, maybe I can see if I can find one in your size!" I smiled at her.

"Yay! Thank you Y/N!" She said excitedly before grabbing the donut ring next to her and getting in the pool.

We swam for about 10 minutes before Miles joined us. I didn't notice him until he tapped my shoulder.

"Y/N."

"Oh hi, when did you get here?" I smiled kindly.

"Just now." He said blankly.

"How are you? Enjoying the weather?" I said, trying to have a civil conversation.

"Yes thank you." He said politely before wading over to Flora and tickling her profusely.

I watched them as I realised that me and Kate, even though we'd only known each other since I was 14, never were this close.

It'd be nice to have relationship like this with someone I love just as much as he does with Flora.

I dove under the water, my hair getting fully damp now. As I come out of the water, my hair feels extremely heavy now. I slick it back with my hand.

Miles doesn't put his head under the water. I teach Flora how to swim breaststroke, she learnt pretty quick.

We were in the pool for a good few hours, Mrs Grose even brought some drinks out for us.

By the time we were back inside, I had taken another shower to get the pool water out my hair and was now reading my book while my hair dried off.

I wore a cute oversized jumper. It was sage green and matched my book cover. I wore nothing underneath except my bra and knickers. They weren't visible though.

A sudden knock came at my door.

[chapter ten — favourite crime]

a/n — is it obvious to you guys that sage green is my favourite colour.

not edited