chapter four .·:*¨༺ 1 step forward, 3 steps back

"
do you love me,
want me, hate me? boy,
i don't understand.
"

[y/n's pov]

A few days had passed, I woke up and went downstairs for breakfast but no one was there. Only a note/letter on the dining room table.

I walked over and opened it, reading the contents.

'good morning miss l/n,

me and flora have decided to go to the forest out back behind the house, i trust you and miles won't get into any arguments while we are gone.

me and flora have set up a small tent that we will stay in overnight as a little adventure.

breakfast is in the fridge and i'm sure you know how to make food for yourself and miles.

see you soon.'

I smiled to myself as I sat down at the table. A day with no lessons so I can relax and put my feet up.

I put the note into my pocket and grabbed the breakfast from the fridge before emptying it into the bin.

Whenever Mrs Grose made it must've been hours ago because it was all soggy. I didn't feel like eating anyways after the smell of it.

I went back upstairs, showered, changed and came back down and I still didn't see Miles.

I wasn't worried, he can take care of himself. And thank gosh he's leaving me alone for once.

Throughout the day I did many of my favourites tasks like reading, writing and drawing but soon enough I got very bored and lonely.

I like being alone, not lonely.

There's a difference.

I constantly felt like I was being watched but I couldn't spot anyone about.

I felt like I should call Kate but she didn't pick up, the ringing tone sounding very loud in the quiet house.

I sat on my bed and pulled myself under the covers and closed my eyes, hoping a nap would waste the time away.

I didn't end up actually falling asleep but I don't know how long I had my eyes shut for.

I checked my watch.

It was 11:37am.

I should make lunch for Miles.

I went to his room and knocked on the door with no response. I opened the door and poked my head around the corner but there was no one there.

Well, I can't ask him what he wants for lunch if he's not here. I started to get a bit worried that I hadn't seen him so far but I didn't want to bother Flora and Mrs Grose on their camping 'trip'.

Instead I ended up finishing my book and wasting away many pages from my notebook with stupid love fantasies that I wish would happen to me.