割れた ∙ 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝

Start from the beginning

ᴀɪʀᴘᴏʀᴛ

Yoongi had forgotten how noisy airports were. 

Stretching back in the lounging seat, he rubbed his tired eyes, yawning. The flight has been delayed yet again and his coworkers were growing impatient— particularly a young dark-haired woman beside him who just couldn't stop tapping her foot against the floor in irritation, making him twice as much. 

"Can you be bothersome five seats away from me?" he muttered idly. "If it's not too much to ask."

Jisoo checked the watch on her wrist before folding her arms. "As if two hours of waiting weren't enough, we still have to put up with three of Jungkook," she grumbled. "He's so lucky the flight got delayed—did you really call him?"

"Five times to be exact." He yawned again. "Well, your friend's been acting a bit weird lately, so it's not really a surprise."

She paused worriedly. "Weird, how?"

"You're closer to him. Didn't you feel the change?"

Jisoo pursed her lips, continuing to tap her foot against the floor. "I decided to stay away from him for a while. Just... knowing what he was sleeping with that woman, I—" she trailed off, her jaw clenching. "Anyway, the mission was a success and soon we'll find the two other members thanks to the brilliant idea he had of tracking her... Why would he be weird?"

"I spent very little time with him to say for sure, but I can guarantee you that he's different... I don't know, I think this job messed up with his brain a little."

"Like, bad different?" 

As Yoongi struggled to find a way to explain something even he couldn't understand, he became aware of a commotion to his left. He immediately recognized the captain's voice and from the brusque, loud tone he used while talking on the phone, he wasn't happy. 

"... well, how the hell am I supposed to know?!" The captain was looking hassled, probably fifteen seconds away from wrapping his hands around the nearest throat and throttling hard. 

Before they could move out of the range, both were spotted on their seats. "Detective Min," the man snapped his fingers authoritatively. "Get over here now."

Jisoo shot Yoongi a look as she also too stood on her feet to see what was going on. 

"Sometime today, Min!" the captain barked. "I've seen tectonic plates shift faster than you walk!"

Yoongi sloped reluctantly, knowing he was about to be roped into taking on at least half of his supervisor workload. Without fail, the captain flipped his phone, ending the call, and scowled. "Where is he? The chief is screaming in my ears trying to get in contact with him since this morning!"

"I couldn't find Jeon today, sir," Yoongi said. "I called the hotel he was staying at, but they said he had checked out."

"Well then where is he?!" the captain demanded, looking around. "The plane is already—"

"Captain Hwang!" A female officer was running up to the trio, out of breath. In her hand, she was brandishing two papers. "A message for you."

Sangkyu snatched it up and read it through narrowed eyes. His lips thinned and the corner of his mouth quirked down. "This brat..." After a moment, he scrunched the note in his fist and began striding away to the gate. "We're leaving."

The two detectives stared at each other. Disbelief painted on one face, blankness on the other. 

Then Jisoo ran after him. "But Captain, what about Jungk— Lieutenant Jeon? Shouldn't we wait a few minutes longer just in case?"