"n-no..." he stammered, making donghyuck chuckle.

"then i guess i'm sleeping on my own." donghyuck replied. "but i'm sure you'll take the room next to mine?"

mark nodded immediately.

he had threatened the other boys to have the cabin next to donghyuck's, but the forbidden child didn't need to know that.

"so, you won't be too far." donghyuck smiled brightly.

"i won't." mark smiled back, walking towards the door. "don't hesitate to come to my room if you have any problem. or just... if you want to."

"okay." donghyuck nodded as he switched the lights off inside the cabin, the only light remaining being the corridor's light where mark stood.

"good night, then." mark told, not moving an inch.

"good night." donghyuck replied, placing his head over the pillow.

mark stood in the corridor for a few seconds, looking at donghyuck's figure visible because he still hadn't closed the door.

just when he realised that he was being awkward and weird, mark slowly closed the door.

however, he was stopped by donghyuck's voice.

"wait!"

mark pushed the door open again, passing his head through the opening.

"what is it?" he asked, looking worriedly at the boy who had stood up from the bed.

donghyuck quickly made his way towards mark, standing next to him and dropping a quick kiss on his cheek before flashing him a smile that could have the whole room lit-up.

"sleep well." he added before jogging back to the bed.

needless to say, mark stayed another minutes, just staring at donghyuck's figure inside his bed while his heat beat erratically.

Ω

the powerful demigod was woken up by the noise caused by the door of his cabin opening and then closing.

at first, he didn't pay it much mind, thinking that it could be the air outside making the different doors open and close on their own, but he understood that he was wrong when he left a small hand poking his shoulder.

"i can't sleep..."

jisung's eyes shot-opened at the voice that made his heart beat so fast.

"c-chenle?" he asked for comfirmation. "what are you doing here?"

"i can't sleep..."

"have you tried counting dolphins?" jisung reached for the lamp on the bedside table, switching it on to look at chenle better.