"it's perfect, jane." jaemin smiled. "thank you so much for everything."

mark mother left the guest bedroom that she had lent to jeno, jaemin and renjun, and she headed towards her room.

"do you need anything else, boys?" she asked with a smile.

"i feel bad knowing that you're going to sleep on the sofa because we took your bed... are you sure you don't want to sleep there? we can always take the sofa." chenle spoke.

"no, it's only for one night." she shook her head. "and you've been in a car for one full day, i'm sure you'd appreciate sleeping on a real bed."

jisung and chenle smiled at mark's mother. "thank you so much for everything."

"it's my pleasure." mark's mother smiled back at them. "enjoy your night."

mark's mother walked out of her bedroom, and she was about to head to her son's bedroom, but she stopped herself when she saw mark standing on the porch.

she made her way there slowly, and leant on the fence next to him.

"what are you thinking about, mark?" she asked.

"i missed this place..." mark replied, his eyes looking around the neighbourhood.

"this place missed you too, trust me." mark's mother chuckled.

both stayed silent for a while appreciating the peaceful atmosphere of their neighbourhood.

"where is donghyuck?" she asked, breaking the silence.

"he's sleeping already. he was tired." mark replied simply.

"are you sure he isn't waiting for you to fall asleep?" mark's mother raised a brow.

"he seemed very tired."

"and you seem very in love."

mark jerked his head sideways, meeting his mother's eyes.

"w-what?" he stammered.

"you are like your father, mark. don't think i can't see it." she chuckled, combing mark's raven hair with her fingers.