Chapter 59: Carrying a Tree

Start from the beginning

"The year the management bureau was built, there was a cluster of flowers planted in that area in the courtyard. Nobody knows what happened after that, but a tree grew there." Chu Yu had been with the management bureau for a longer period of time, so he knew of this development. "We wanted to remove it, but later realized that it had spiritual qi and never actively attacked the bureau's people. The boss felt that the tree might have the chance to gain intelligence and take on a human form, so we just let it remain all this while."

Song Yu: ...

The Langgan Tree was very rarely seen even during the ancient times. Yet, the management bureau so casually grew one, even letting it grow freely. If this wasn't because of heavenly law's darling, then what else could it be?

"No wonder that tree refused to let us eat its fruits. Anyone who tries to pluck them will be whacked. Turns out it only fancies the Fenghuang," Huang Can stroked his beard. "This tree might even attract a Fenghuang one day."

Song Yu scoffed. These yao cultivators with average cultivation really had quite a beautiful imagination.

"Not right," Zhang Ke suddenly turned to look at Fu Li. "Fu ge, I remember you plucking the Langgan Tree's fruits many times."

What a shameless Langgan Tree; it bullied the weak but feared the strong!

Fu Li smiled. "So?"

"I say, Fu ge is really domineering. Even the Langgan Tree bows down to you," Zhang Ke revealed a fawning smile. "Pluck a few more next time. That way, everyone can also have a taste of it."

A fruit only the Fenghuang could eat – it was high-class just hearing about it!

The rest looked down on Zhang Ke's fawning behavior, but in their hearts, they also very much longed for the Langgan Tree's Zhuyu fruit.

"Sure, I'll return after dealing with the three-headed people." Fu Li glanced at the time before telling Song Yu, "Get Chef Bao to keep a portion of braised spare ribs for me tonight!"

Then, he morphed into a ray of radiant light and flew out. Xu Yuan looked out the window foolishly. Only a long while later did she say, "But I haven't told Fu ge the location."

"No problem. The boss definitely has something on him that can give directions, so you don't have to worry," Song Yu rubbed his hands. "I'll go downstairs for a walk."

"Wait. Song ge, I'll go with you," Chu Yu hastily caught up to him. What a joke. Song Yu was definitely intending to sneakily pluck the Zhuyu fruit. Witnesses ought to have a share too.

"I'm going too."

The entirety of the bureau's higher-ups swarmed into the courtyard and surrounded the Langgan Tree, causing others to wonder if the higher-ups were intending to chop down the tree. Even then, there wasn't a need for so many people.

"I didn't realize how strong and sturdy it felt in the past."

"Its leaves are such a deep green color, like faultless jasper."

"The luster of the rosy fruits are even more beautiful than jade."

"Boss Suanyu, good luck."

"Please call me by my name."

"All right, Boss Song Yu."

Song Yu inhaled deeply and flew up the tree. Before his hand could even touch the fruits, countless vines shot out from the Langgan Tree and flung Song Yu towards the ground. The effortless manner in which it did so made it seem as if it had merely thrown a chick.