Chapter 58: Emotions

Start from the beginning

Even those homicidal maniacs without a shred of humanity loved to say that they had an unfortunate childhood, or that they were abandoned by their ex-girlfriend. In this world, there were plenty of people who were abandoned by their ex-girlfriend or had unfortunate childhoods. If every person were to behave the same way, the hundreds of millions of people within the country wouldn't even be enough for them to kill.

"Captain is right," A police officer sneakily took out a ham sausage from the drawer. After being spotted by a colleague, he was left with half of it, scaring him into hastily shoving the remaining half into his mouth. Only after swallowing it did he continue, "If all criminals were pardonable, then did his victims deserve to be harmed?"

"Forgiving the murderer is a matter for the victims in the underworld, us police are only responsible for catching criminals," Peng Hang was ravenous. He had been occupied from noon till night and hadn't even had a sip of water, so finishing an entire bucket of noodles in one mouth didn't feel like it would be a problem for him.

"Captain Peng." A police officer walked into the office and whispered into Peng Hang's ears, "Someone wanted to ask the suspect Luo Pingwei a few questions. The leader brought them over."

"Who are they?" Peng Hang wiped the oil on his mouth and picked up his police cap from the table. "Let's take a look."

That bastard harmed so many students, was there still someone who came to protect him?

To the outside world, the management bureau was under the security department. Hence, Zhuang Qing brought Fu Li to visit the criminal suspect 'under the guise of work'. The police could not refuse, though it was mandatory for someone from the police to be present when they questioned the suspect.

"You're Luo Pingwei?" Seated behind an outdated office table, Fu Li sized up the man before him. His body was fat due to gaming, and he wore spectacles. His skin was on the lighter side. Appearance-wise, he seemed very cultured.

"Who are you?" Luo Pingwei carried himself very well. Nobody would have guessed that a ruthless killer lurked beneath his skin.

"Why did you harm those students?" Fu Li felt that a human like him was truly scary. He was nothing more than a so-called 'dressed-up animal'. But he often felt that this phrase wasn't very friendly to them yao cultivators. On what basis should human scum be on equal footing with birds and beasts? Their birds and beasts weren't capable of such acts.

"I didn't want to harm them, but if they died, Ah Li would be revived. For the sake of Ah Li, I'm willing to do anything," Luo Pingwei wiped his tears as he spoke of his relationship with his lover, their deep love, their helplessness, and his undying longing for him the past twenty years.

How fake could a person be?

Fu Li watched this man perform an excellent retelling of their friendship and love. He asked expressionlessly, "But didn't you use this method because you wanted his soul to scatter?"

Luo Pingwei's movements paused, and then he continued crying. "He is my only lover in this life, how could I treat him in such a way?"

"Liar," Fu Li's jet-black eyes stared at Luo Pingwei. "A human like you loves yourself the most."

Luo Pingwei felt very unsettled by the gaze of the person opposite him. Faced with his gaze, he seemed to be naked, incapable of concealing anything. The awkwardness made him a bit angry. "You know what? Why should I explain these things to you?"

"Every person has to pay a price for the wrongs they've done," Fu Li stood up, his gaze frosty. "You won't be an exception."

"Police officer, he's threatening me!" Luo Pingwei pointed at Fu Li with his handcuffed hand. "Civilized enforcement of law is emphasized now."