Betty x Sweet Pea

Start from the beginning

"What does she want Sweet Pea?" I asked him again.

"She told me she has a kid" he said and I looked to him in surprise.

"Yours?" I asked him. He nodded his head.

I watched as he watched my every move, trying to analyse how I would react.

I honestly didn't know how I was supposed to feel. How does a person react when their teenage boyfriend suddenly has a kid from a previous relationship?

I didn't know what I could say. I truly was in shock.

"Please talk" he said to me with a worried look.

"I don't know what to say" I said and he frowned.

"What are you going to do?" I asked him.

Sweet Pea and I haven't talked about our future that extensively. We've of course talked about buying a house together and getting a dog. But never that much about kids. I really don't have an interest in having kids, they're just so much of a responsibility that I don't want.

"I don't know" he said and I slightly nodded my head.

"Why did she tell you now?" I asked as I looked from him to the floor.

"Apparently she felt guilty about not telling me" he said.

We remained in silence for a few moments. I was waiting to follow Sweet Pea's lead. This is his kid and I don't really have a say in this. Whatever he chooses to do, we'll figure it out from there.

"Tell me what to do" he told me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's not my place to decide" I told him.

I wanted to be selfish and tell him what I really thought but what was the point in that? He needs to decide for himself.

"I want you too" he said as he stood up and began pacing the room.

"Sweet Pea" I sighed out.

"I don't know what to do" he said as he stopped and looked to me.

Sweet Pea has never been in a situation where he doesn't know what to do. He is full of control, he craves it. So seeing him worried, it's definitely a little weird. I guess it just shows how he really doesn't know what to do.

"What does she want?" I asked him.

"She wants me to meet him" he said.

"Then you probably should" I said as he took a seat on the bed.

"How would you feel if I did?" I asked him.

I let out a small groan, annoyed that he kept asking me how I felt or what he should do. I hate this situation but there's nothing I can do about it.

"Please stop asking me how I feel" I said as I moved away from him.

I moved so my back was against the headboard and I wrapped my arms around my legs.

"Betty I really don't know what to do or feel right now so please, I'm begging you. Don't start a fight" he said. I remained silent. I didn't want to speak to him anymore.

I want to give Sweet Pea all of the right answers but I didn't know them. This is his situation to figure out.

"I'm sorry" he said.

"Look Sweet Pea, figure out what you want and we'll see what happens from there" I said as I looked to him.

"Okay" he said as he looked down at his lap.