Nightmare Casino

T.W.: kidnapping

(Be honest, you saw this coming didn't you.)

The light was so bright. George couldn't get away from it. He couldn't see outside the small glass box he was kept in. The young Neko didn't know if it was better or worse that he couldn't see the hundreds of eyes staring at him.

The small electrodes buried under the skin in his wrists sparked in warning. If he didn't move and put on a show, they would surely ramp up the pain. George already had numerous burn scars from when he collapsed during a show.

Time moved slowly in his little glass box. Every time the electrodes buzzed, he would move to a new, graceful, uncomfortable position. He was sure it was almost impossible for an average person to bend the way he was, but when you were born to be a showpiece, you weren't exactly average.

Eventually the show was over. The people left. The moment the doors closed, George collapsed on the ground. His breaths came fast and heavy as the soreness set in. The young Neko never wanted to move again.

The glass door opened. His owner stepped in with a bucket, a rag, and a small box. The items were dropped unceremoniously in front of him.

"Clean up. You earned your dinner tonight." His owner said gruffly, walking out without another word.

George pushed himself up. He would eat first. His measly meal of dry crackers, cheap juice, leftover fish bones from his owners meal. Then he used the rag and bucket to clean the sweat sticking to his skin.

The ten year old Neko closed his eyes. Slowly, he fell asleep under the bright light, in the small glass box. Tired, sore, and hungry. Such is the life of a beautiful, A class, purebred Neko with heterochromatic eyes.

George slowly opened his eyes. That was fourteen years ago. He was safe now. He didn't have to perform under bright lights anymore. He could sleep whenever he wanted. Philza and Big Q rescued him ten years ago.

A soft light shone in through the black out curtains he had hanging up. The Neko sighed as he rolled over onto his stomach. It was probably late into the day by now, but he didn't want to move. Not after that nightmare. Why did he even have that anyway? It had been years since he's had a nightmare like that.

George's ear flicked. He heard someone starting to walk up to his door. By the sound of the footsteps, light and careful, but sure footed in their way, he could tell it was Karl.

"George?" Karl called through the door, "we're showing Dream the casino today. Do you wanna come with?"

George sighed, "yeah. Give me a couple minutes."

He heard Karl laugh, "okay, so we'll see you in an hour?"

"Shut up!" George smiled.

"Okay!" Karl laughed, "we'll see you downstairs."

The Neko sighed softly, flicking his tail under his sheets. He was warm, and comfortable, almost enough to fall asleep again. But after a few more moments, George got up to get ready.

Dream was excited, his tail wagging frantically. It had been a month since he was rescued, and he was finally going to see Big Q's casino! Everyone had told him Las Nevadas was an amazing casino with a thousand gambling games.

And it was how Quackity got information about black market deals. Lots of dealers come to ask if the owner of the casino wanted to buy, not knowing he was a hybrid himself. Quackity took their information, feeding it to a friend, then rescued as many hybrids as he could before the authorities came to raid the market. Quackity went for the expensive hybrids, who were most likely to be hidden away during a raid, usually saving two or three more than a normal raid.