14;; Putty & slime

Start from the beginning

But whatever it was, Riki didn't mind it. He almost preferred it over their old ways before the new matchmaking book, almost.

All he knew for sure was that no matter what, Riki and Jake would always be best friends – nothing less.

"You know I know self-defence," Riki countered, bumping against the table.

"Oh really?" Oh, how he hated when he said that, raising his eyebrow at him, "Can you teach me?" He whispers into his ear.

"Why are you acting like this all of a sudden?"

"I figured it's best to get in as much practice since we're quite busy," Jake explains, the younger's cheeks still an awkward shade of pink, "don't you think that's best?"

"Summer break is still a month away," Riki muttered, eyes suddenly looking into Jakes, "I see you really keen on being the best though," he chuckles uneasily and before he could add anything else Jake takes a step closer.

"J-jake," He breaths out, hand quickly finding its way to Jake's shoulder, unable to push him away, "are you going to kiss me again?"

"No- I- uh" Jake stutters on his words, "I actually have no idea what I'm doing," he admits.

"Where did all your boyfriend material go?" Riki teases, unable to fight the grin that was forcing itself onto his lips.

"Didn't I already make your heart flutter?" The older asks, the smirk on his face winning the battle between Riki's grin.

"But I mean, not like that," Jake suddenly stutters out, his cool demeanour falling into a cute flustered one.

"Jake, you need to keep your confidence," Riki attempts to lean in forwards, but Jakes practically pinning him to the table. His hands were either side of him and he was already past the point of personal space, their close proximity no longer a worry to Riki.

"Let's start this from the top again,"

Jake returned his stare without hesitation, trying to assert all of the confidence from the last few seconds. He wasn't sure what Riki meant but if this was meant to help him then he'd probably need to make the most out of it.

And Riki was still as flustered as ever – his assertive tone not matching his cute demeanour whenever he would squeak out his words or look up into his eyes even though he was much taller than him. He let a chuckle which sounded more like a scoff, the younger shaking his blonde hair out of his face.

"Are you going to kiss me?" Jake couldn't help but stagger out of his thoughts at those words, running on adrenaline as he forces Riki to stare back at him, the moment almost exactly like before.

He takes in a short shaky breath before letting a smirk peel onto his lips, "Do you want me to?"

"Ah, now that's a good response," Jake can hear Riki's uneven breaths and his heart rattle against his chest, "Maybe it was good that the date didn't happen yet, your gonna be- "

"– Riki, do you really want me to kiss you?"

His eyes widen.

"W-what do you mean? I n-never said anything like that-" He quickly blurts out, his back bumping against the table as he struggles to contain his confidence when he realises what Jake's asking him.

"I thought you were the one that told me to keep my confidence," The older mutters as a soft chuckle leaves his parted lips, looking up at Riki with a smile.

"I didn't mean like-" Riki pauses when Jake slightly shifts, afraid of any unwanted contact, "I didn't mean it like that..."

"Alright then," He mutters with a slight scoff, licking his lips before he asks once again, "do you want me to kiss you?"