chapter 14

jihoon was rapping on the kitchen table, looking wistfully at the cup of previously hot tea which now has become lukewarm. he has been trying to convince himself that the idea he got for his date with doyoung is great and there is nothing to add or remove.

"what has this tea done to you?"

he heard a question and looked up. mashiho entered the room, already back from the gym. he has been working out recently, sometimes doyoung would accompany him but this time the boy had to stay at the dorm and study. the exams were coming and every minute was precious to him. even at the right moment, doyoung was locked in his room, sitting by the desk riddled with notebooks, school notes, and textbooks. jihoon sighed loudly. not only did he freak out about such a matter but also his drink had gotten cold.

"mashi? could you give me your opinion on something?"

the other took a sip of water, put the glass back on the counter, and sat down on the chair in front of jihoon. he nodded his head, waiting to hear what was bothering his hyung to such an extent.

"do you think doyoung will like the date on the rooftop with blankets, candles, and well... me?"

mashiho blinked several times. he seemed a little taken aback. his eyes got smaller as he tried to look through jihoon.

"you... are you really asking that?"

the other's corners of his lips went down, his eyes gazed at the floor and he wanted the ground to swallow him. even mashiho seemed to be against his idea, he should have given up on it in the first place.

"it's the best thing you could do for doyoung like ever."

jihoon was the one taken aback this time. he stared back at mashiho, rapidly put his hands on the other's arms, and gazing directly at him asked to repeat what he had just said.

"hyung don't tell me this is what made you look so gloomy just a while ago! it's a brilliant idea, very sensible I am sure doyoung is gonna love it. the most essential part in it is that you are in it."

this answer was a lot more than satisfactory to the other, so he gushed while crushing mashiho in a hug.

"thank you! this sunday I will take him on our first date!"

mashiho smiled brightly even though jihoon didn't know it. he was glad that his hyung had finally opened his eyes, spying what went wrong in his relationship and now trying to make everything better. mashiho could still remember numerous late evenings and nights as he heard doyoung's sobbing, almost inaudible because he tried to allay them by crying to the pillow, he could easily recall how day by day he became weaker, thinner, almost disappearing in front of their eyes and it was all because the one he loved was more interested in everything but him.

doyoung had to fall ill, end up with a fever, cough, and a runny nose so the consequences were serious but it could always be worse, mashiho didn't even want to imagine how it could go further if jihoon didn't reflect on his mistakes on time. patting his happy hyung on the back and thinking about how he tries his best to make doyoung feel loved, had an impact on him as well. for a brief second, he wished he had found his soulmate and could love them the way jihoon loves doyoung.

// ✧ //