chapter 2

the sunday goes on as usual. doyoung stops crying goes to take a shower and then heads to the kitchen to be greeted by the other hyung he lives with in the dorm – mashiho hyung.

his hair got ruffled sweetly, as he sits down and asks if jeongwoo hasn't woken up yet. mashiho shrugs his arms, mumbles "most probably" and gives doyoung a tasteful looking breakfast. they smile at each other and eat in each other's company.

doyoung feels grateful that he always has the other hyung of his to somehow fill the void. undoubtedly, the emptiness on the chair next to him reminds him of the one he wished was here but he brushes off the gloomy thoughts and munches the food cheerfully. as always it tastes delicious, so he gives the approving look and thumbs up to the chef sitting in front of him.

it is sunday, the day they can spend the way they want – not everybody – so doyoung decides to go to the company for some practice.

before he knows it is afternoon, and jaehyuk knocks on the glass door. doyoung pants heavily, his muscles are sore, trembling uncontrollably but he manages to swiftly leap to the stereo and turn off the loud music.

his hyung dashes inside with a smile, showing his precious whiskers.

"let's eat doyoungie! I have already convinced asahi to go out of his cave, or as he says his studio, and he will join us! I am getting worried about two of you, you seem to have lost weight lately so I will treat you tonight."

before the younger can consent, the other pulls him by his arm and drags him out of the room. doyoung can't contain a soft giggle, especially as he sees a little grumpy expression on asahi's face because he was "just creating a masterpiece when jaehyuk entered his studio and ruined the ambiance".

"you always create masterpieces, so this one can wait as well." jaehyuk points out as he changes his spoonful of rice to a plane that heads right towards asahi's mouth.

at this affectionate motion, asahi seems to soften and lets the other feed him like a parent feeds a kid. a minute after doyoung gets to be fed as well, his spoon with the same abundance of rice as the first one. their conversation went on, small bickering between asahi and jaehyuk went on as well, and doyoung feels a little down despite himself. he looks to the right where the solitary chair stands blankly. if jihoon was here he would make sure that doyoung eats well, that he finishes his portion and that he doesn't eat too quickly to avoid choking.

he inadvertently smiles at the thought of the other, and his mood seems to lighten up a little as the bright memories fill his mind. his eyes meet with jaehyuk's eyes, and after the older flashes him a grin, he reciprocates it.

it won't take long, he will be in jihoon's arms again.

// ✧ //