chapter 3

doyoung buries himself under the duvet. the cold duvet, the one that hasn't been used for some hours, and without the human body's warmth it lost that source of comfort and relief that you feel once reclining after an irksome day.

it is some time before 11 pm as he hears the doorknob clicking and the door opens. the person doesn't turn on the lights after seeing the other body wrapped in sheets. instead, they put down their belongings and doyoung can feel some movement from behind. the pair of the same sweet, soft, and moist with coconut balsam lips kiss his right cheek, a little under his eye.

"I am home." the very quiet whisper reaches doyoung's ears, making his heart skip a beat.

he is too tired to extend his arms and keep his hyung in embrace forever so he decides to wait for jihoon to do this. the latter backed away to collect some things from the drawer and then closes the door from their collective bathroom. soon doyoung can hear water streaming down from the shower. doyoung didn't know how jihoon could make his night routine so brief but after a few minutes - at least for him it seemed like a few minutes - another body weighs upon the right side of the bed. without a blink, he turned around and nuzzled his nose in jihoon's short-sleeves he always wears to sleep. a bunch of sweet smooches is placed on his head, and a hand strokes it gently.

"thank you for waiting."

"thank you for coming back."

the boys start talking, at first, exchanging simple questions like "how was your day?" or "did you eat well today?", the one in charge of talking is mostly jihoon cause doyoung feels more drowsy this night. besides jihoon's hand keep on stroking his back very gently, the pace is constant which soothes him even more.

"where have you been that you came back so late?" this question appeared from the younger, right before he couldn't maintain his eyes open any longer.

till now, he managed to observe jihoon and his face, still as pretty and attractive in the dimly lit room as in the daylight but now the eyelids became too heavy to bear them opened anymore.

"I have been practicing my part with our vocal coach. I had some things to discuss with him and I wanted to make it perfect, for we start recordings tomorrow. I couldn't foresee that it would consume so much time. I thought about you all along..."

while giving his answer jihoon noticed that his baby must have already gone to the sleeping realm. hence the last sentence was very quiet, still very sincere and honest. jihoon has missed the younger so badly, he wanted to get back to him as soon as possible cause he had been busy the whole day but as always, he let down the one he loved.

"I am sorry doyoung-ah. I love you."

he adorned a crown of his head with a brief kiss, and tightening their embrace, fell asleep soon after, smelling doyoung's hair fragrance, listening to his breathing.

// ✧ //