sixty six

//im jk

Seven years later...

"Rose we need you to check on patient 104, just make sure his vitals are good and everything."

"Alright, last name?"

"Simons." The girl's head whipped around.

"Simons?"

"Yes, first name Tom."

"What is he-"

"Concussion, a few minor cuts. His friend says they were filming a video and he hit his head, stupid men. Anyways go ahead and check up on him, he should be asleep." She nodded and slowly walked to room 104. There was no way it could be him. Sure she was in London but the chances of him coming to the exact hospital she was currently at?

Rose had become a traveling nurse after she graduated from nursing school, she had been to 17 countries so far and she loved it. She loved meeting new people and helping them. She took a deep breath as she walked into the room. Sure enough there was her blonde haired boy. Eyes closed, chest moving up and down slowly. Swallowing the lump in her throat she walked forward to complete her duties. Her hand was shaking as she wrote down his vitals.

"Toby I must be hallucinating because Rose is here. How funny." The red haired girl froze.

"Toby isn't in here." There was rustling as the boy tried to get a better view.

"Rose?" His voice cracked.

"Your vitals are all up to par, I'll send the doctor in shortly." Her voice began to waver and she quickly left the room, struggling to breathe. Not looking where she was going she bumped into someone. She muttered a sorry and began to walk away.

"Rose?" The familiar voice made her stop in her tracks. She slowly turned to see the brunette. He grinned when he saw her. "Rose!" He jumped to hug her tightly, the girl still frozen. He pulled away confused.

"Y'alright?" His eyes softened.

"I- I just saw him- Tubbo it's been seven years."

"He still loves you y'know. He always says he's married to the grind or something, but he's not, he misses you."

"I- I can't miss him. I don't. We're over. I have to get back to work."

"Rose, don't let him go."

"Toby I'm a traveling nurse, I'm never in one place very long."

"But you two can work it out. I know you can."

"No," she shook her head. "We didn't work it out last time what makes you think we will this time." The boy is quiet. He's not sure what to say. "The doctor will be in shortly, don't tell him it was me." The girl walked away and through a restricted access door. The brunette hung his head and walked into his best friends hospital room.

"Sir I think I'm hallucinating-"

"That's very common with concussions-"

"No but it was so real! She was here! Toby! She said you weren't here, how did she know you if it wasn't Rose?" His eyes were blurry with tears. Tubbo hated seeing his friend like this.

"Tommy, you're so tired, I think you should try and sleep-"

"But she was here. I know it was her." A tear slid down his face as he lay down.

"May I speak with you sir." Toby asked the doctor, motioning to the door. Outside the room he turns to the doctor. "He's talking about your nurse, Miss Rose, he well- they have a history. I ran into her- literally- and she doesn't want him to know it was her."

"I understand. It is good to know he wasn't hallucinating."

"Can we just blame it on the tiredness?"

"Sure, I can't guarantee that he'll believe it."

"I know. I'll deal with that later."

~

"You saw Tommy? How is he? Are you guys together again? When can I see him? What-"

"Max. I didn't talk to him. Not really."

"What do you mean?"

"Well I checked his vitals and he thought he was hallucinating and I left. Basically."

"You're such a pussy."

"Max!"

"Hey don't act like he doesn't say it all the time. And you are. You're just scared it's not going to work out again, but do you really want to be a traveling nurse forever?"

"Y-"

"No you don't. Don't lie."

"Rose, may I speak to you?"

"Yeah, Max I have to go, my supervisor needs me."

"Okay, but just- don't let your fear keep you away from your happiness. I love you."

"Love you too." They hang up.

"Follow me." Her supervisor smiles and motions for her to walk down the hall. She sighed and did as they asked.

~

A week later...

Tommy held his head as pain shot through it. Sighing he took a painkiller from his bag and went back to editing. The bell of the coffee shop jingled, Tommy didn't bother looking up, it was a busy coffee shop. That was until he heard her name.

"Rose!" Jerking his head up he saw a guy run from behind the counter to a red headed girl. His red headed girl. He gasped for air as he watched the two exchange greetings and kiss cheeks. His heart broke. She had moved on. Swallowing he looked back down to his computer, focus, focus. I need to see her one more time- he looked up as she was looking at him, her eyes sad as she smiled at him. She picked her drink up and thanked her boyfriend before making her way to Tommy's table. He watched her until she got close and he looked down at his computer.

"May I?" Her voice

He simply nodded. Swallowing hard. She sat down. And they sat in silence.

"You-"

"I-"

The spoke at the same time, chuckling.

"You look good." She said.

"Are you calling me hot?" He asked not meeting her eyes.

"Yeah." He caught her eye. Her bright green eyes. The eyes he fell in love with. The ones he saw cry when she told him about her mom. The ones that crinkled at the corners when she laughed at a joke he'd make. The ones that would roll at every stupid comment he made.

"I miss you." He blurted out. He shut his eyes quickly in regret. I fucked up. I fucked up. I fucked up my one chance of talking to her. He felt her hand rest on his knee, forcing it to stop jiggling.

"I miss you Tommy." Looking up to see her eyes again he let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding.